Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
In the Northwest corridor just inside the 610 Loop, you’ll find the neighborhoods of Lazybrook and Timbergrove; and through the area is mostly residential, you’ll also find parks, retailers, and restaurants amongst its original bungalows and cottages. Oh, and a few good time watering holes, too!
Note: For the purposes of this list, the Lazybrook and Timbergrove area is defined by this map.
The Best Bars in Lazybrook & Timbergrove
- Hughie’s Grille – Open late on Fridays and Saturdays, this popular tavern and grille mashes craft beers with Vietnamese pub grub. Choose from a lineup of 20 taps and 30 bottles/cans (plus wine) to help wash down banh mi burgers, sweet chili wings, and shaking beef. And don’t miss reverse happy hour from 9pm to 11pm on weekends. Click here for directions.
- The Spot Club – It may look unassuming, but you can unlock a world of fun at this hole-in-the-wall strip center dive, where you can shoot pool, grab a game of PhotoHunt, or try your hand at karaoke. Don’t expect any frills, here, just cheap libations and good times. Click here for directions.
- T-Bones Sports Pub – This neighborhood bar and grill rocks fun stuff like dart boards and pool tables, Golden Tee, and 30 TVs for sports fans. Stop by for specials including brewery tap takeovers, Steak Night, and weekday happy hour until 8pm. Click here for directions.
- Karbach Brewery – One of Houston’s hottest breweries is right off Karbach Street on the west side of 290. Head there and you’ll find a bustling biergarten, brewery, and restaurant where you can sip all-star bevies like the Hopadillo IPA, Love Street Kolsch Blonde, and spicy Hella Chella. Hit the restaurant side to pair those beers with beer mustard pretzels, jalapeño popper pizza, and Weekend Warrior-battered fish & chips. The brewery is open from Sunday to Wednesday until 10pm; from Thursday to Saturday until 11pm. Click here for directions.
- Down the Street – This hip neighborhood bar and eatery sits just a few blocks south of the Lazybrook and Timbergrove border. Hit the pup-friendly patio to enjoy tasty craft cocktails along with 24 taps and a smart selection of wines; and look out for fun happenings like Steak Night, Bingo, and Saint Arnold Trivia. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in Lazybrook & Timbergrove
Get the true dive vibe at Sundown Saloon, a low-key neighborhood pub right near Karbach.