It’s not just the temperature that is rising; this month’s culinary happenings are bringing the heat this summer.
Also in June 2019
Happening This Week
It may be hot, but June brings plenty of reason to leave your air-conditioned living room, including top-notch returning events like the Houston Food Fest, Wine & Food Week, and The Texas Taco Tequila & Music Festival. There are also newer events, including the Houston Brunch Crawl and Latin Restaurant Weeks. Here are the must hit edible events in Houston this month.
Top 11 Food & Drink Events This Month: June 2019
- Houston Brunch Crawl on Washington | Saturday, June 1 – This brunch-inspired bar crawl will take you through Washington Avenue’s hottest bars and grills, including Clutch Bar & Restaurant, Kung Fu Saloon, Lincoln Bar, Concrete Cowboy and more. Tickets are $17.99 and will get you access to exclusive brunch specials and prizes at every stop; VIP tickets are $59.99 and include an unlimited mimosa and brunch buffet package from noon to 2pm, plus VIP access. Noon to 6pm.
- Wine & Food Week in The Woodlands | Monday, June 3 through Sunday, June 9 – Celebrating 15 years and featuring wine and culinary tastemakers from across the globe, Wine & Food Week 2019 returns to The Woodlands for a week-long culinary extravaganza. Guests can experience national and international wines at wine tastings, wine dinners, seminars, and events like Sips, Suds & Tacos, the H-E-B Wine Walk at Market Street, the Ladies of the Vine Luncheon, and an elaborate Wine Rendezvous Grand Tasting & Chef Showcase. Ticket prices and hours vary by event.
- Anthony Bourdain Tribute Dinner at The Dunlavy | Wednesday, June 5 – On June 8, it will have been one year since celebrity chef, author, travel documentarian and culinary icon Anthony Bourdain tragically passed away. As a tribute to Bourdain and in honor of Mental Health Awareness Month in May, The Dunlavy team will host a dinner benefiting the local non-profit, Nick Finnegan Counseling Center. The Anthony Bourdain Tribute Dinner will feature a cocktail hour and five-courses with pairings inspired by the chef. Tickets are $100 per person. 6:30pm.
- Rosé Day Party at Brasserie 19 | Saturday, June 8 | No Cover – Drink pink at Brasserie 19’s third annual Rosé Day Party, held in honor of National Rosé Day. Guests can choose from over 50 selections of still and sparkling rosé by the bottle and glass, plus rosé cocktails, frosé and more. Every bottle of rosé sold will be entered to win swag from Brasserie 19 and JNSQ rosé. Noon to 3pm.
- 25th Anniversary Celebrations at Saint Arnold Brewery | Saturday, June 8 | No Cover – Texas’ oldest craft brewery will celebrate 25 years with an anniversary throwdown, featuring live music from Texas and Louisiana, specialty glassware, dancers, mariachis, face painting, artists, vendors, art cars and more. General admission is free; VIP tickets are available for $100 (including a buffet, commemorative glass, covered seating, four beer tickets, birthday cake and more). 3pm to 10pm.
- The Texas Taco Tequila & Music Festival at Preservation Park | Saturday, June 8 – Head to Old Town Spring for this fun-filled taco, tequila and music festival, featuring two stages of nonstop jams (including hometown favorite The Suffers), 30 taco vendors, frozen and on-the-rocks margaritas, tequila shots and tastings, micheladas, Luche Libre live wrestling, boutique vendors, mariachis, a kids zone and more. Tickets are $25 pre-sale; VIP tickets are available starting at $75. Noon to 11:30pm.
- CollaborEight Dinner at TRIS | Monday, June 10 – Chef Bobby Matos (State of Grace, La Lucha) will be the featured guest at the next eight-course “CollaborEIGHT” dinner along with TRIS chef Austin Simmons. Tickets are $200 per person, including dinner, wine pairings, tax, and gratuity. 6pm.
- Local Brews, Local Grooves at House of Blues Houston | Saturday, June 15 – Head to Downtown’s House of Blues to celebrate craft beer and music at this day-long annual event, with over 40 beer selections from local Houston breweries, delectable pub fare pairings and a highly curated, diverse music lineup of some of Houston’s favorite local bands and DJs. Tickets and packages start at $15. 2:30pm.
- 2019 Houston Food Fest at Midtown Park | Saturday, June 15 – Guests can expect food from over 70 different food vendors from Houston, Austin, and other nearby cities at the 2019 Houston Food Fest. Nosh on everything from tacos and gumbo to ice cream and vegan burgers while enjoying live music and fun activities. Tickets for early birds are $5. Noon to 10pm.
- Hennything HTX at Bayou City Event Center | Saturday, June 15 – Come thirsty to celebrate the world’s most popular Cognac at “Hennything HTX.” The day will feature live entertainment including local bands, DJs, vendors, and interactive games, plus food, beer, spirits, and of course, all your favorite Henny concoctions. Tickets start at $10 for early bird general admission. 3pm to 11pm.
- AsiaFest 2019 at Asia Society Texas Center | Saturday, June 29 and Sunday, June 30 | No Cover – Postponed from its original date in May due to rain, this cultural festival celebrates Asian Pacific American Heritage Month with an international bazaar, performances, arts and crafts, fusion cuisine, and live demonstrations at Asia Society Texas Center. New this year, guests can embark on an adventure through Asia, using a passport to explore different regions’ traditions, cultures, and food. 11am to 5pm both days.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).