Make the most of your week with our top 10 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, May 20 to Sunday, May 26, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Chow down on Cajun favorites at the Taste of Louisiana festival; take a seat for a dramatic stage play; jam out to late ’90s hip hop at a two-for-one concert; drink rosé all day at a boozy celebration; cheer on the Astros in a home game; and more.
Top 10 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Relatively Speaking at Main Street Theater | Thursday, May 23 to Sunday, May 26 – Take a seat for Alan Ayckbourn’s story of Ginny and George, a recently engaged couple that’s in for a surprising turn of events in Relatively Speaking at Main Street Theater. Tickets start at $36. Showtimes vary.
- Pipeline at the Ensemble Theatre | Thursday, May 23 to Sunday, May 26 – See a production of Ensemble Theatre’s Pipeline, which tells of an inner-city public school teacher whose son attends an upstate private school. Tickets start at $30. Showtimes vary.
- Juvenile and Mystikal in Concert at Arena Theatre | Friday, May 24 – Throw it back to the late ‘90s with a hip hop show from rappers Juvenile and Mystical at Arena Theatre. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8:30pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox at Minute Maid Park | Friday, May 24 to Sunday, May 26 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play the Red Sox in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets for this game range from $34 to $205, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Taste of Louisiana Festival at Brazos River Park | Saturday, May 25– Experience the flavorful cuisine of our Cajun neighbors at Taste of Louisiana, an annual festival that features more than 20 food vendors, an artisan market, live music, and a kids zone with rides and inflatables. Tickets are $20 for adults; $10 for children. 2pm to 9pm.
- Houston Sabercats vs. Austin Elite Rugby at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, May 25 – Root for the Houston Sabercats when they take on the Austin Elite for a rugby match at Aveva Stadium. Tickets start at $37.50. 5pm.
- Terra Nostra Ensemble at MATCH | Saturday, May 25 – Catch the conclusion of Terra Nostra Ensemble’s 2018 to 2019 season with a performance featuring music from Spain, South America, and Mexico. $15. 7:30pm.
- Ultimate Kolache Pop Up at Pearl Bar Houston | Sunday, May 26 – Help house LGBTQ homeless youth by eating delicious treats from Sinfull Bakery, shaved ice from Yeti Sunshine Shave Ice, and enjoying all-day happy hour at Pearl Bar in Montrose during the kid- and dog-friendly Ultimate Kolache Pop Up. Ticket prices are TBD. 11am to 4pm.
- Rosé Party at Kings BierHaus – The Heights | Sunday, May 26 | No Cover – Sip rosé all day with a special event that celebrates the pink drink at Kings BierHaus in The Heights. Expect rosé (and frozé) specials, live music, festive decor, and a raffle. Noon to 8pm.
- Silver Linings Playbook Movie Screening at BLVD Place | Sunday, May 26 – Take advantage of your extended weekend with a nighttime rooftop screening of Silver Linings Playbook above Whole Foods in BLVD Place. Tickets start at $17. 8:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).