Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, May 20 to Sunday, May 26, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Children’s Storytime in the Gardens at Mercer Botanic Gardens | Monday, May 20 | FREE – Introduce your children to nature along with an entertaining story in one of the gardens at Mercer Botanic Gardens. Storytime garden locations vary by week. Ideal for children ages 2 to 5. 10:30am.
- Gymboree at Evelyn’s Park | Wednesday, May 22 | FREE – Come explore a day in the park with bubbles, a parachute and more at Evelyn’s Park. Spend the morning dancing and singing along to children’s favorites. 11am to noon.
- Houston Museum of Natural Science: Discounted Exhibit Hall Admission | Friday, May 24 to Sunday, May 26 – Tour one of the most visited museums in the nation for a discounted rate. You can spend a little while or make a day of it while taking advantage of a great price. General admission tickets cost $11.10. Click here to order vouchers or for more information. 9am to 5pm.
- Memorial Day Community Party at Emancipation Park | Saturday, May 25 | FREE – Gather with your community to celebrate Memorial Day with food, entertainment, and family-friendly fun at Emancipation Park. Rock your red, white, and blue for this free celebration. Noon to 6pm.
- The Taste of Louisiana Festival 2019 at Brazos River Park | Saturday, May 25 – Spend Memorial Weekend with your friends and family as the Taste of Louisiana Festival returns to Sugar Land at Brazos River Park. Experience the culture and cuisine of Louisiana with over 20 Louisiana food vendors, an artisan market, live music, and a kids zone with rides and inflatables. Tickets are $20 for adults; $10 for kids ages 4 to 12. 2pm to 9pm.
- Wiener Dog Racing at Sam Houston Race Park | Saturday, May 25 – Cheer on everyone’s favorite short-legged dog in between the live quarter horse races. This is the last event for the wiener dogs of the season. General admission is $8; $5 for children under 13 and Seniors over 62. Gates open at 5:30pm; racing begins at 7pm.
- All-You-Can-Eat Crawfish Boil at The Phoenix on Westheimer| Sunday, May 26 – The Friends of the Phoenix’s 2nd Annual All-You-Can-Eat Crawfish Boil will feature a waterslide, a bounce house, and a whole lot of mudbugs. Tickets start at $25 for early bird tickets and $30 at the door. Noon to 5pm.
- USPA Officers Cup at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, May 26 – Two teams battle it out at the USPA final. Expect live flamenco guitar music, the best gentlemen’s hat contest, and a pony bounce at halftime. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn. 5pm.
- Memorial Day Festival at Town Green Park | Sunday, May 26 | FREE – Kickoff Summer at this Memorial Day Event in The Woodlands complete with fireworks lighting up the night sky. The festival features live music, children’s activities, strolling entertainers, fireworks and more at Town Green Park. A care package drop-off booth will be available onsite to accept donations of recommended items to be shipped to the troops. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).