Stake your spot near the stage at these live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, May 20 through Sunday, May 26, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Say “Hello” to legendary soul singers and an exciting week of indie bands and singer-songwriters.
Top 10 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Arizona at House of Blues | Tuesday, May 21 – The electropop trio from New Jersey deliver fun and infectious tunes from their 2017 release, Gallery, as well as new songs they’ve been debuting while on tour. Tickets are $21. 8pm.
- The Drums, with Tanukichan at White Oak Music Hall | Tuesday, May 21 – Fresh off releasing Brutalism in April, the surf rock band from New York City finds lead vocalist Jonny Pierce pushing The Drums in new directions. Tickets are $20 in advance; $25 the day of the show. 7:30pm.
- Dead Meadow at White Oak Music Hall | Wednesday, May 22 – Twenty years on, the stoner rock band known as Dead Meadow find themselves with eight studio albums, including last year’s The Nothing They Need, and a faithful fan following. Tickets are $15. 7pm.
- Tech N9ne, with Krizz Kaliko, !Mayday!, Ubi! at White Oak Music Hall | Thursday, May 23 – The storied emcee continues to produce relentless rap music nearly thirty years after cultivating his craft. His April release, N9na, finds him traveling in support of his twenty-first album. Tickets start at $34, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Lionel Richie at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, May 23 – Visiting Houston on his “Hello Tour”, the legendary singer-songwriter comes with an impressive catalog of hits that spans over several decades, including “Truly”, “Three Times a Lady”, and “Say You, Say Me”. Tickets range from $86 to $256.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Juvenile and Mystikal at Arena Theatre | Friday, May 24 – Hip hop sensations from the turn of the millennium, Juvenile and Mystikal perform popular hits, including “Back That Azz Up”, “Danger”, and “Shake it Fast”. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8:30pm.
- David Gray, with Gaby Moreno at Revention Music Center | Friday, May 24 – The chart-topping English singer-songwriter arrives in Downtown for an evening of career highlights, as well as songs from his March release, Gold in a Brass Age. Tickets start at $39.50. 8pm.
- Alejandra Guzman at Arena Theatre | Saturday, May 25 – One of the best-selling Mexican singer-songwriters of all time, Alejandra Guzman takes a break from her role as judge in Telemundo’s La Voz to swing through Houston for a performance of popular songs from her extensive catalog. Tickets range from $65 to over $130, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Ari Lennox at House of Blues | Saturday, May 25 – The neo-soul songwriter has just recently released her debut studio album Shea Butter Baby to critical acclaim. Tickets start at $66. 7pm.
- Matthew Logan Vasquez, with The Peterson Brothers, PR Newman at The Heights Theater | Saturday, May 25 – Frontman of the indie-rock group, Delta Spirit, Matthew Logan Vasquez embarks on a solo tour in support of his most recent release, Light’n Up. Tickets start at $18. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).