Rally the home teams to victory at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, May 20 through Sunday, May 26, 2019.
See the ‘Stros continue their winning ways this week and say farewell to the inaugural season of Houston’s newest stadium.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Astros vs. Chicago White Sox at Minute Maid Park | Wednesday, May 22 – After an uneven start, the ‘Stros seem to be figuring it out, and they’ll meet Chicago’s south side team in an American League face-off. Plus, the first 10,000 fans through the gates will receive a Yuli Gurriel “Swing” Bobblehead. Tickets range from $14 to over $145, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
- The Original Mud Run Houston at Silverwood Country Retreat | Saturday, May 25 – Get down and dirty in this 5K/10K military-style obstacle course that will leave you caked in mud by the time you cross the finish line. Registration starts at $80 for the 5K and 10K; $90 for a team of two participants. 9am.
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, May 25 – A hotly-contested rematch against the reigning World Series champs has the Astros seeking a little revenge for an early post-season exit last year. Come early for the Bayou Bash Street Fest taking place outside the ballpark. Tickets for this game range from $34 to $205, with a $35 add-on for entry to the Street Fest, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:15pm.
- Houston Sabercats vs. Austin Elite Rugby at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, May 25 – After squeezing out a one-point victory in Austin to open the season, the Sabercats host Austin Elite Rugby in the final home match of the year. Tickets range from $37.50 to $65. 5pm.
- St. Regis Classic at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, May 26 – An evening double-header caps off another spring of polo competition. Best Dressed Gent will take home an award, a pony bounce, and champagne divot stomp makes for halftime fun. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).