Apply and interview for a summer job at one of the Hire Houston Youth job and resource fairs on select Saturdays through Saturday, July 13, 2019.
Mayor Sylvester Turner’s Hire Houston Youth initiative, in partnership with the Greater Houston McDonald’s owners/operators, is hosting a series of job and resource fairs through Saturday, July 13, in an effort to employ thousands of Houston area youth, ages 16 to 24, this summer. McDonald’s restaurants across Greater Houston will hire on-the-spot.
In addition to McDonald’s, summer employment opportunities are available from a number of Houston area companies including Metro, United Airlines, KPMG, Hyatt Regency, and more.
Once hired, applicants may have additional opportunities through their employers. For example, the Archways to Opportunity program at McDonald’s allows employees to receive up to $2,500 per year in tuition assistance if they work at least 15 hours per week for 90 days.
All positions are paid, offering at least $8 an hour. Most opportunities start on June 10 and end August 1, with some opportunities available right away.
Each hiring event is free and open to the public. Applicants do not need to pre-register or be pre-screened, but are encouraged to bring their resume, Texas ID and Social Security Card for on-the-spot hiring opportunities.
Job & Resource Fair Event Schedule
- Lone Star College: Victory Center | Saturday, May 18, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
- BakerRipley Gulfton Sharpstown | Saturday, June 1, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
- George R. Brown Convention Center | Saturday, June 8, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
- Houston Community College: Southeast | Saturday, July 13, 2019 – 10am to 2pm
About the McDonald’s owner/operators of Greater Houston
The McDonald’s owner/operators of Greater Houston, a co-operative of local business owners, own and operate more than 300 McDonald’s restaurants in Greater Houston.
Houston-area McDonald’s restaurants employ more than 15,000 people in the Greater Houston community.
Hire Houston Youth Job and Resource Fairs
- Dates: Select Saturdays through Saturday, July 13, 2019
- Time: 10am to 2pm
- Locations: Locations vary; Click here for full list of locations, dates and times.
- Admission: Admission is free and open to the public. Applicants are not required to pre-register.
This story was sponsored by the McDonald’s owner/operators of Greater Houston. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.