Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, May 6 to Sunday, May 12, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Mondays with Mommy at La Centerra at Cinco Ranch | Monday, May 6 | FREE – Make some memories on a Monday morning with your little one. You’ll dance, play, craft, and have a blast spending the morning together. This event is ideal for children 6 and under. 10am to 11am.
- Free Tuesday Afternoons at The Houston Zoo | Tuesday, May 7 | FREE – Spend the afternoon roaming the zoo checking out the lions, tigers, and bears. Marvel at all the other wonderful creatures at the Houston Zoo free of charge on Tuesday afternoon. Noon to 6pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Texas Rangers at Minute Maid Park | Thursday, May 9 to Sunday, May 12 – Root root root for the Astros at home against the Texas Rangers. Bring your peanuts and best cheering voice as you watch the ‘Stros keep their season going strong. Tickets start at $15. Times vary.
- Mother’s Day Silhouette’s at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, May 10 and Saturday, May 11 – Take home a precious keepsake as the talented Silhouette Artist Patti Rishforth offers her one of a kind art. In 2 to 3 minutes she’ll create a memorable cut out of your child’s image as a work of art for you to take home. Silhouettes artworks cost $39. 10am to 5pm.
- Fridays with Fireflies at Armand Bayou Nature Center | Friday, May 10 – Light up your Friday night with fireflies as you go on a walk through Armand Bayou Nature Center. Start with a short firefly presentation followed by a moonlit walk where kids can capture (and release) fireflies. Kids will also be able to take home a firefly kit at the end of the evening. Reservations are required and are $10 per person. Ages 6 and up only. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Comicpalooza at George R. Brown Convention Center | Friday, May 10 to Sunday, May 12 – Dress up in cosplay to hear from industry icons from Game of Thrones, Star Trek and more. The event also features several contests, panel discussions, live entertainment, and workshops, as well as literature and film festivals. Tickets start at $45. Times vary.
- Belle Gaia: A Beautiful Earth at Miller Outdoor Theater | Friday, May 10 | FREE – Celebrate the 50th anniversary of the moon landing, as Miller Outdoor Theatre brings the magic of Belle Gaia: A Beautiful Earth at Miller Outdoor Theater to their stage. See the beauty of the planet both natural and cultural collide at this family-friendly concert blends music, dance, technology, and NASA satellite imagery to turn the stage planetary. 8pm.
- 5th Annual Chalk Walk in Downtown Friendswood | Saturday, May 11 | FREE – Walk the sidewalks viewing artists at work as they use bright colors to decorate the ground as you visit local stores. Funds from this year’s Chalk Walk will be used to create a themed sculpture for a public art project in Friendswood. 8am to 2pm.
- Mother’s Day at the Park: Tea and Targets at George Ranch Historical Park | Saturday, May 11 – Spend your day learning to protect your home with target practice, a walk down memory lane with a historic clothing display at the 1890s Davis Victorian Mansion, cooking lessons with a wood burning stove, and a Victorian Luncheon. This event is recommended for adults, plus children ages 7 and up. Reservations are required and the meal costs $20 for adults and children ages 13 and older; $15 for children ages 7 to 12. 10am.
- Mother’s Day at Hermann Park | Sunday, May 12 – Kick off Mother’s Day with breakfast at Hermann Park’s Pinewood Cafe, followed by arts and crafts, pedal boat cruises around McGovern Lake, and a ride on the Hermann Park Railroad. Ticket prices are $14; $7 for children ages 12 and under. 8:30am to 10am.
- Mother’s Day Brunch at City Acre Brewing | Sunday, May 12 – Celebrate your mother with a brunch buffet that includes eggs benedict, quiche two ways, bread pudding and more at City Acre Brewing Co. There will be seatings at 11am, 12:30pm, and 2pm. Tickets are $22.95; $17.95 for nondrinkers. 11am to 3pm.
- Mother’s Day Brunches & Events Around Houston | Saturday, May 11 and Sunday, May 12 – Honor the amazing women in your life with a delicious brunch or scope out our top picks for events and sweet gestures to help better celebrate mom this Mother’s Day. Prices, times, and locations vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).