Scope our top picks for delicious meals, events, and sweet gestures to help better celebrate mom this Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Show her the appreciation she deserves this Mother’s Day with our round-up of top event ideas and festivities from the start of the weekend up to that special Sunday.
Mother’s Day 2019 Festivities & Events
- Heights Mercantile Mother’s Day Market | Saturday, May 11 | No Cover – Just in time for Mother’s Day, you can browse the wares and creations of local merchants and artisans at a pop-up market on the promenade at Heights Mercantile. The market will feature plenty of vendors along the promenade and sidewalks of Heights Mercantile. 11am to 6pm.
- Mother’s Day Soul Music Fest at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, May 11 – Treat mom to an evening of soul music with a live concert featuring The O’Jays, Stephanie Mills, Con Funk Shun, and El DeBarge at Smart Financial Centre. Tickets start at $49.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- Mother’s Day at Hermann Park | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12 – Kick off Mother’s Day with breakfast at Hermann Park’s Pinewood Cafe, followed by arts and crafts, pedal boat cruises around McGovern Lake, and a ride on the Hermann Park Railroad. Ticket prices are $14; $7 for children ages 12 and under. 8:30am to 10am.
- A Mother’s Day Celebration at Revival Market | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12 – Celebrate mom with the whole family in tow, starting with brunch followed by a stroll around the market at Revival Market. There will be vendors of locally-made goods, florals, food, jewelry, art and more. 10am to 4pm.
- Mother’s Day Brews & Art Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12 – Bring your mom over to Karbach Brewing Co. for cold beers and a market featuring local vintage and art vendors and artisans. Noon.
- Mother’s Day Build-A-Bouquet at Holler Brewing Co. | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12 – Create a custom bouquet, designed and built by you for mom at Holler Brewing Co. Each arrangement will include lush, seasonal greens, your choice of filler flowers, and six beautiful roses. Bouquets are $23.06 each. Noon to 3pm.
- Ponies & Petals Cup for Mother’s Day at Houston Polo Club | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12 – Houston Polo Club hosts a special Mother’s Day match, including a Ladies best hat contest. At halftime, there will be a Champagne divot stomp and a pony bounce. Ruth’s Chris Steakhouse will be selling concessions on site. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
- Mother’s Day Serenade at Cullen Theater at Wortham Center | Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12 – The Houston Latin American Philharmonic orchestra presents its annual Mother’s Day Serenade concert that features guest artists, Mirla Castellanos, Luis Alonso, and Guillermo Davila. Tickets start at $19. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
Mother’s Day 2019 Brunch
Mother’s Day, Sunday, May 12, 2019
- Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar – Make your mother feel as special as Liberty Kitchen & Oyster Bar in the Heights host a Sunday brunch that includes a complimentary glass of Sangria or Mimosa in addition to a special 3-course menu designed just for the occasion. Menu prices vary. 8am to 9pm.
- Weights and Measures – Weights and Measures hosts a Mother’s Day Brunch with their signature menu that includes chocolate chip pancakes, eggs benedict, chilaquiles, avocado toast and more. Menu prices vary. 8am to 3pm.
- Sambuca Houston – Treat your mom to an elaborate brunch buffet, featuring 50 savory items including traditional breakfast favorites, a prime rib carving station, fresh seafood, dessert display and a side of live music at Sambuca Houston. $34.95 for adults; $12.95 for kids. 10am to 2pm.
- La Table – Mother’s Day at La Table will feature their signature “Grand Brunch” including family-style breakfast feast for the table, as well as a raw bar, a chocolate fountain and more. $85 for adults; $35 for children. 10am to 3pm.
- Downtown Aquarium – Treat mom to a special brunch at the Downtown Aquarium and choose from over 40 brunch menu items. This brunch includes animal encounters, activities, and live entertainment for the whole family. Tickets range from $19.99 to $41.99. Kids under 2 eat free. 10am to 4pm.
- Maggiano’s – The Italian restaurant in Post Oak, Maggiano’s hosts their Mother’s Day Buffet featuring signature dishes as well as an omelet station, $2 mimosas and more. $50 per person. 10:30am to 3:30pm.
- The Grove – Treat mom to an indulgent feast with a build-your-own breakfast taco bar, meat-carving stations, house-made pastries, and plenty of desserts during The Grove’s Mother’s Day brunch event. While taking in the views of Discovery Green, you can sit back and enjoy live music from The Kinder HSPVA and sip $15 specialty cocktails with one-cent refills. Tickets are $35 per person; $15 for children aged 2 to 12. 11am to 3pm.
- Brasserie Du Parc – This French brasserie will be offering a delicious three-course brunch which will include dishes like Oeufs Mimosa Au Bacon (deviled eggs, dijon, and bacon), Risotto Aux Légumes De Printemps (spring vegetables risotto, mascarpone, aged parmesan, and truffle oil) and more. $49 per person. 11am to 4pm.
- Étoile Cuisine et Bar – At Étoile Cuisine et Bar, guests will have a choice of several appetizers, entrees, and desserts including Cocktail de Crevettes ( shrimp, avocado marmalade, and cocktail sauce), Pavé de Saumon (pan-roasted salmon with spring vegetables), and pistachio custard. $64 per person. 11am to 3pm.
- Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille – Bring out the family to the River Oaks Shopping Center as Perry’s Steakhouse & Grille hosts a Mother’s Day event with an all-day dinner menu, three cocktail specials, an off-the-menu feature and the restaurant’s traditional Sunday Supper Special. Menu prices vary. 11am to 9pm.
- City Acre Brewing Co. – Celebrate your mother with a brunch buffet that includes eggs benedict, quiche two ways, bread pudding and more. Seating times vary. Tickets are $22.95; $17.95 for nondrinkers. 11am to 3pm.
- Hilton Americas-Houston – Enjoy breakfast selections, an omelet station, a chilled seafood bar, a roasted prime rib carving station, and award-winning desserts along with live harp music and more at Hilton Americas-Houston. $56 for adults; $46 for seniors; $20 for kids; free for kids ages 6 and under. 11am to 3pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).