Savor a sunny day of live music, hot rods, and beauty contests at the 11th Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue on Friday, May 17 and Saturday, May 18, 2019.
For its eleventh year, sun and summer lovers will flock to the Galveston Island Beach Revue for a fun-filled day of vintage nostalgia along the historic Seawall Boulevard.
The Galveston Island Beach Revue offers a full day of flashback celebration, highlighted by the Bathing Beauties Contest, a revival of the 20s-era competition that helped kick off the island’s tourist season each year.
On top of a host of events throughout the day, Beach Revue attendees can sway away to live music from Swimwear Department, country five-piece The Broken Spokes, and Dandy Wellington with his jazz-infused throwback sounds.
On Tap at the Beach Revue
Friday, May 17, 2019
- Revue Prevue at Hotel Galvez (2024 Seawall Boulevard) | 6pm to 7:30pm – The historic hotel hosts the official kickoff to the weekend, featuring a night of music, craft beer and cocktails, and introductions of the 2019 Bathing Beauties contestants.
Saturday, May 18, 2019
- Hot Rod & Classic Car Show | Noon to 5pm – Sleek vehicles, dazzling classic cars, and suped up hot rods from 1975 and beyond line Seawall Boulevard for a car show guaranteed to rev up excitement.
- Vintage Vendor Market | Noon to 7pm – Throughout the day, visitors can enjoy food trucks, novelty options, and a hunt for their next vintage score at the Vintage Vendor Market.
- Beach Revue Whisker Revue | 3pm to 3:30pm – The Austin Facial Hair Club gathers full-follicled men to compete for Best Handlebar, Best Natural Dapper ‘Stache, and Best Barbell ‘Stache.
- Bathing Beauties Contest | 5:15 to 7pm – Resurrected in 2009, the Bathing Beauties Contest had been a major tourist draw on the island throughout the 1920s and early 30s. Thirty contestants decked out in vintage and vintage-inspired swimwear cap off the Galveston Island Beach Revue on Saturday night as they each hope to take home top honors and a prize of $750.
11th Annual Galveston Island Beach Revue
- Dates: Friday, May 17 and Saturday, May 18, 2019
- Times: Friday 6pm to 7:30pm; Saturday Noon to 7pm
- Location: Beach Central, 2102 Seawall Boulevard, Galveston, TX 77550
- Admission: No cover for all events and open to the public. Click here for more information.
This story was sponsored by Galveston Historical Society. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.