Root on the home teams at these exciting games and sports events around Houston in May 2019.
Also in May 2019
Happening This Week
Baseball and soccer take front-and-center as hometown sports enter into springtime action, though an adrenaline-filled extreme sports showcase and a certain football player’s charity classic also takes the stage in Houston this month.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: May 2019
- Nitro Circus Live at Constellation Field | Saturday, May 4 – The kick-off for a North American tour, Nitro Circus Live brings a huge stage for an action-packed spectacle with athletes from across the extreme sports spectrum, including freestyle motocross, BMX, skating, scooters and more. Tickets range from $25 to $80, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6pm.
- JJ Watt Charity Classic at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, May 4 – Resuming after taking last year to focus on Hurricane Harvey relief, the JJ Watt Charity Classic brings fellow athlete and celebrity teammates together for a softball event, with raffle prizes, silent auction, and other merchandise available to fans. Tickets range from $5 to $200. 6pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Orlando Pride at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, May 5 – The Dash host a stacked Orlando squad that features Alex Morgan, Sydney Leroux, and Brazil’s Marta. Lower bowl seating for this match ranges from $15 to $30. 5pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Kansas City Royals at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, May 7 – For perhaps the final time, it’s Game of Thrones night at the ballpark. Take photos in the set-used Iron Throne, claim your Jake Marisnick vs. Night King bobblehead, grab a shirt, and find your favorite characters roaming the concourse. Tickets range from $9 to $145, with special packages available for bobblehead and t-shirt giveaways starting at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market.
- Sugar Land Skeeters vs. Long Island Ducks at Constellation Field | Saturday, May 11 – An Atlantic League Championship rematch sees the Ducks visit during Mother’s Day Weekend. The first 2,000 fans through the gates will also have the chance to snag a Pete Incaviglia Game of Thrones bobblehead. Tickets range from $8 to $45. 6pm.
- Houston Cougars vs. Rice Owls at Constellation Field | Tuesday, May 14 – Sugar Land plays host to the final matchup of the baseball season between these Bayou City rivals. Tickets are $13. 6pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. DC United at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, May 18 – Wayne Rooney and the high-flying DC United visit Houston for a clash of interconference squads both vying for the top of the standings. Tickets range from $24 to over $79, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- PurpleStride Houston at Houston Sports Park | Saturday, May 18 – Thousands of runners turn out for this annual walk to end pancreatic cancer. The fundraising event encourages participants of all ages to show up and show support for survivors and loved ones lost along the way. Registration is $15 for kids 3 to 12; $30 for adults; $5 more for a timed registration. Opening ceremonies at 8am.
- Houston Astros vs. Boston Red Sox at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, May 25 – A hotly-contested rematch against the reigning World Series champs has the Astros seeking a little revenge for an early post-season exit last year. Come early for the Bayou Bash Street Fest taking place outside the ballpark. Tickets for this game range from $34 to $205, with a $35 add-on for entry to the Street Fest, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:15pm.
- Houston Sabercats vs. Austin Elite Rugby at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, May 25 – After squeezing out a one-point victory in Austin to open the season, the Sabercats host Austin Elite Rugby in the final home match of the year. Tickets range from $37.50 to $65. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).