Get your Derby on – including the biggest, grandest, most genteel hat you can find – at one of our ten Derby Day picks around Houston on Saturday, May 4, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Televised coverage of the Kentucky Derby is broadcast live from Churchill Downs in Louisville, Kentucky.
10 Kentucky Derby Day Viewing Parties Around Houston 2019
- Annual Derby Party at Brennan’s of Houston | No Cover – Break out your hats and honor Derby Days in true, Southern fashion in the Courtyard Bar at Brennan’s of Houston and enjoy a live broadcast of the race and food specials. 11am to 6pm.
- Kentucky Derby & 2nd Anniversary at Heights Bier Garten | No Cover – Celebrate the Heights Bier Garten’s 2nd Anniversary with a Kentucky Derby party that includes live music, drink specials, and prizes for best-dressed couples, dogs, best hat and more. 11am to 2pm.
- Eado’s Derby Party at Little Woodrow’s EaDo | No Cover – Make your way over to EaDo for Little Woodrow’s Derby Party featuring a Derby challenge game for a prize of a $75 gift card, bucket specials, and frozen mint juleps. 11am to 2am.
- 5th Annual Derby Party at Julep – Julep hosts their 5th Annual Julep Derby Day party that features two screens for the race, lawn games, a spritz bar, mint julep bars, three cocktail bars, a DJ, live music, live auctions for whiskey tastings and more. Tickets are $15. Noon to 7pm.
- Kentucky Derby Social at Brasserie 19 – Throw on your favorite Derby Hat, sip on Mint Juleps and watch the derby in the patio at Brasserie 19 in Downtown. Prizes will be awarded for best hat. Noon to 7:30pm.
- Kentucky Derby Day at Sam Houston Race Park – Watch and wager on the Kentucky Derby Card from Churchill Downs in Louisville, KY and on live Quarter Horse racing at Sam Houston Race Park. You can also participate in the annual Derby Hat Contest for a $500 grand prize. Tickets range from $5 to $8. 1pm.
- Kentucky Derby Patio Party at B.B. Lemon | No Cover – Don your fancy hats, seersucker and sundresses for B.B. Lemon’s Kentucky Derby Patio Party. Enjoy tunes by DJ Ramalama, a Derby-inspired menu with cocktails by Elijah Craig, a hat contest with prizes, yard games, plus a few surprises. Guests can also watch the race on two outdoor TVs and two indoor TVs. 2pm to 4pm.
- Kentucky Derby Day at Goodnight Charlie’s – Maker’s Mark and Goodnight Charlie’s presents the Derby Day Garden Party, featuring live music by the Buffalo Nickel Bluegrass Band and the Lonestar Bluegrass Band. Watch the Kentucky Derby on the big screen, enter the best hat contest, and enjoy a Julep cup and a complimentary Kentucky-inspired snack. Tickets are $20. 2pm to 6:30pm.
- Derby Party at Axis & Alibi | No Cover – Celebrate Derby Day at Axis & Alibi with a variety of drink specials including Mint Juleps, the Oaks Lily, and the Off to the Races cocktails. Guests are encouraged to dress up. 3pm.
- Houston Derby Day at 3rd Floor – Wear your best Derby attire to celebrate the 145th running of the Kentucky Derby at 3rd Floor in Midtown with the sounds of DJ Michele McKnight and DJ Big Reeks. Tickets are $25. 3pm to 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).