Commemorate Cinco de Mayo 2019 as the fifth approaches with a weekend full of celebrations, cervezas, margaritas, and Mexican food all over the city.
Happening This Week
Also in May 2019
Take part in all of this year’s revelry with our list of top Cinco de Mayo festivities and events from Friday, May 3 to Sunday, May 5, 2019.
Cinco de Mayo 2019 Festivities & Events
- Cinco de Mayo Fiesta at El Big Bad | Friday, May 3 to Cinco de Mayo, Sunday, May 5 – Head to the Downtown gastrocantina and margarita bar for a weekend-long Cinco de Mayo celebration. Details are tbd, but past parties have included everything from liquid nitrogen margaritas and tequila samples to photo booths and donkey face painters. Cover is TBD. 11am each day.
- Cinco de Mayo Two Day Partido at Pistolero’s | Saturday, May 4 and Cinco de Mayo, Sunday, May 5 | No Cover – Pistolero’s in Montrose hosts a 2-day parking lot Cinco de Mayo celebration filled with margarita specials, mariachi karaoke, giveaways, a DJ and more. Noon both days.
Cinco de Mayo, Sunday, May 5, 2019
- Cinco de Mayo Parade in Downtown | FREE – Bring out your friends and family out to Downtown for the annual Cinco de Mayo Parade in Downtown. Watch as elected officials, members of the community, businesses, schools, colleges, and more all walk and dance the streets of Downtown to the rhythm of great Latin beats. 10am to noon.
- 4th Annual Cinco de Mile Block Party on Washington Avenue – Now in its fourth year, the Cinco de Mile Block Party on Washington Avenue brings live entertainment, food, a market, games, and more to the west end of Washington. Participating bars include Clutch Bar Houston, Standard, HandleBar, and more. Tickets are $10 online; $15 at the door; but limited, discounted $5 tickets are available. 11am to 2am.
- Cinco de Mayo Block Party at Fabian’s Latin Flavors – Head to Downtown for the 2nd annual Cinco de Mayo Block Party at Fabian’s Latin Flavors on Main St. Festivities include margaritas, a taco bar, live entertainment, a mechanical bull and more. General admission is $8. 11am to 11:30pm.
- Chingo de Mayo at 8th Wonder Brewery – 8th Wonder Brewery hosts Chingo de Mayo, an event hosted by rapper and comedian Chingo Bling that includes beer, a michelada contest, a hot pepper eating contest and more. Ticket start at $20. 11am to 6pm.
- Cinco de Cyclone’s at Bagby Park in Midtown | No Cover – At Cinco de Cyclone’s at Bagby Park, expect great food, cold drinks, DJ tunes and live music, a festival market, photo booths, activities for kids and more fun in the sun. General admission is free; VIP tickets are $29. Noon to 8pm.
- Cinco de Cyclone’s at CityCentre in West Houston | No Cover – At Cinco de Cyclone’s at CityCentre, expect great food, cold drinks, DJ tunes and live music, a festival market, photo booths, activities for kids and more fun in the sun. General admission is free; VIP tickets are $29. Noon to 8pm.
- Cinco de Brunch Mixer & Market at Spring Street Beer and Wine Garden | No Cover – Spend Sunday Funday with a Cinco de Mayo brunch and market featuring live music, food and drink specials, and an exclusive line up of vendors at Spring Street Beer and Wine Garden. 2pm to 6pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Discovery Green | FREE – Bring the whole family out to celebrate Cinco de Mayo at Discovery Green park in Downtown. With Bombón’s La Comadre (Mel Gomez) and DJ Gracie Chavez as emcee, you’ll enjoy performances by Kinder HSPVA mariachis, ballet folklorico and more. 3pm to 5pm.
- Cinco de Mayo on the Bayou – Chow down on tasty tacos from Downtown’s La Calle restaurant, sip St. Arnold cervezas, and savor the flavors of Mexico while you cruise along the Buffalo Bayou on a pontoon boat. Tickets are $40. 7:30pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Belvedere – Make your way over to Uptown Park for Belvedere’s Cinco de Mayo event featuring music by Silent Killa, drink specials all night long, and cigars, food, and hookahs on the patio. Free entry with RSVP. 8pm.
- Cinco de Mayo at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Enjoy Mexican music and culture with Grammy Award-winning artist Lupillo Rivera at Miller Outdoor Theatre’s Cinco de Mayo celebration. Lupillo Rivera is a charting, award-winning Mexican singer, producer, and songwriter. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed five days a week).