Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Running along the coastline, this charming bayside region is a breezy escape from the city. The area is surrounded by bodies of water including Clear Lake, Clear Creek, and Galveston Bay; while you should definitely consider renting a boat or jet ski and getting out on the water itself, the area also boasts some visit-worthy cocktail bars, watering holes, and nightlife spots.
Note: For the purposes of this list, the Clear Lake area is in and surrounding the neighborhoods of Clear Lake, Webster, and Nassau Bay.
The Best Bars in Clear Lake
- Rosewater – Clear Lake’s craft cocktail scene has a clear winner in this cult favorite bar and industry hangout. Expertly made drinks come in the form of modern and vintage classics like the bourbon and allspice-kissed Lion’s Tail and classic Sidecar to the house Rosewater Sour, made with gin, rose liqueur, and egg white. Be sure to check out happy hour for $7 cocktails, including standards like the house Old Fashioned, Negroni, and Mai Tai; plus the seasonally rotating list. Click here for directions.
- Preamble Lounge & Craft House – With the premise that “we the people, have a right to superior cocktails,” this sultry speakeasy focuses on refreshing classics done right. Hit the Clear Lake hotspot to join the cocktail revolution, with signature drinks ranging from the Smoked Old Fashioned to a New Orleans-style Ramos Gin Fizz, and whet your appetite with eats like campechana ceviche, fried green tomato burgers, and five-cheese mac n’ cheese. Click here for directions.
- The Davenport Lounge – Sip through a selection of scotches, specialty cocktails and martinis at this all-are-welcome bar and lounge. And be sure to lookout for fun events and seasonal concoctions, from sweet and tart cranberry ports to creamy rums and coffees. Click here for directions.
- Nobi Public House – Head to Webster and you’ll find one of Houston’s coolest craft beer pubs, sitting right in an unassuming strip mall. The public house hosts a killer draft beer program and a killer 200+ bottle collection in addition to supremely craveable Vietnamese-fusion pub grub. Sip snifters, tulips, and pints from the rotating taps alongside loaded pork fries, banh mi, and shaking beef. Click here for directions.
- Carlos’ Beer Garden – Ice cold beer is the drink of choice at this old school icehouse, which rocks a classic jukebox, TVs for games, and a neighboring barbershop. Sip your suds alongside classic burgers, fish tacos, and po’ boys, plus seasonal specialties like boiled crawfish. Click here for directions.
- Other great options – Shop for beers and try out the taps at Beers Looking at You; catch live music and beers at Scout Bar; sip craft beers and grab a game of pool at Pub Level; check out the shenanigans at Molly’s Pub; head to Webster bar The Cockeyed Seagull for cheap booze and live music on weekends; and swing a club alongside boozy drinks at the Webster Topgolf.