Our My Top 5 series highlights a Houstonian who is shaping the culture of the city and making an out-sized impact on its character. In turn, each shares their own favorite things to do in Houston when not hard at work. This week, with Dining Out for Life happening on Thursday, April 25, we’re very pleased to feature Benjamin Berg, Founder of B.B. Lemon and B&B Butchers. His restaurant is one of 30 restaurants participating in this annual fundraising event for AIDS Foundation Houston.
My Top 5 Things to Do in Houston
by Benjamin Berg
- Boxing with Lou Savarese – A former professional boxer and one of my close friends, I love training with Lou or his partner, Bobby Benton, at their original gym in Downtown or at Lou’s new gym in Bellaire, Savarese Fight Fit.
- Restaurants & Bars – My favorite place to grab a mid-week drink is the bar, Bayou & Bottle, at the Four Seasons Hotel. One of my favorite restaurants to escape to and hold lunch meetings is China Garden. Carol and “Mama” are the best hosts in the city and their food is the closest to the Chinese I grew up eating in NYC.
- Biking at Buffalo Bayou Park – I have three kids and we absolutely love to bike along the bayou together.
- Houston Rockets – I am a big fan of the team, especially since the Knicks are a complete disaster. I love taking my kids to games or sharing the experience with my staff.
- The Museum District – Houston has some amazing museums –and that means a lot coming from a true New Yorker. My wife and I really enjoy taking our kids to see various exhibits throughout the year.
About Benjamin Berg
Born in New York City, Benjamin Berg has been in the restaurant business for over 17 years working for upscale steakhouses in key markets including Las Vegas, Mexico City, and his hometown. He began his career as an in-house butcher with a proud family heritage rooted in the restaurant business. In January 2018, he formed Berg Hospitality Group, which conceives, launches, and operates restaurants in Texas with a commitment to giving back to the local communities. B.B. Lemon, an elevated eatery and bar, opened in November 2018. His restaurant is one of 30 restaurants participating in the annual Dining Out for Life fundraising event for AIDS Foundation Houston happening on Thursday, April 25, 2019.