Make the most of your week with our top 14 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, April 15 to Easter Sunday, April 21, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in April 2019
Crack up at a stand-up show by Chelsea Handler, chow down on all-you-can-eat crawfish, spend an evening at the opera with a moving performance of Don Giovanni, get up close and personal with a variety of aircraft at Hobby Airport’s annual festival and more.
Top 14 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Black Restaurant Week Around Houston | Daily – Explore a slew of mouth-watering events, including a panel discussion, pop-up dinner, food truck festival, and the Nosh Culinary Showcase, during Houston’s fourth annual Black Restaurant Week.Restaurants will offer prix fixe menus starting at $15. Prices and menus vary per restaurant.
- Ragtime at The Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Tuesday, April 16 to Sunday, April 21 – Follow the epic story of three families facing a whirlwind of change during turn-of-the-20th-century New York in TUTS’ latest production, Ragtime. Tickets start at $30, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. Showtimes vary.
- Dance Salad at the Wortham Theater Center | Thursday, April 18 to Saturday, April 20 – Experience up to three evenings of modern dance performances by companies from around the world during Dance Salad Festival at the Hobby Center. The weekend-long festival, which began 27 years ago in Belgium, is now in its 24th year in Houston and features a different collection of dances each night. Tickets start at $25. 7:30pm.
- Buffalo Bayou in Bloom 2019 at The Water Works | Thursday, April 18 – Join fellow young professionals for drinks, light bites, tunes from DJ Felix, and a silent auction with experiential prizes at Buffalo Bayou in Bloom 2019, which raises funds to restore and revitalize Buffalo Bayou park. Tickets start at $40. 6:30pm to 8:30pm.
- The French Farm’s Spring Warehouse Sale | Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20 – Stock your kitchen and snag gifts for Mother’s day, Father’s day, and spring or summer birthdays at The French Farm’s Spring Open Warehouse Sale. Expect a variety of confits, cutlery, mustards, and candies that would make great grabs for foodies, teachers and more. Times vary.
- Easter Egg Hunts & Kids Activities Around Houston | Friday, April 19 to Easter Sunday, April 21 – If you are looking for all the eggtivities, egg hunts and more family-friendly Easter fun around Houston, we’ve got you covered with our list of favorite Easter events. Times, locations, and prices vary.
- Black Restaurant Week presents Art of Flavor Pop Up Dinner | Friday, April 19 – Feast on the flavors of African-American, African, and Caribbean cuisine during the Art of Flavor Pop Up Dinner, a special event of Houston Black Restaurant Week. Chef Kenneth Temple will serve up a four-course meal that you can enjoy with South African wine pairings, art installations, crafted cocktails, and live entertainment. $100. 7pm to 10pm.
- HobbyFest 2019 at Hobby Airport | Saturday, April 20 | FREE – Take off toward Hobby Airport for HobbyFest 2019, where kids can get a close-up look at aircraft, jump around a bounce house, and have their face painted. The festival will also feature a live DJ, raffle prizes, and free food from local food trucks for the first 1000 attendees. 10am to 4pm.
- 4th Annual BigAss Crawfish Bash at Gulf Greyhound Park | Saturday, April 20 – Dive into all-you-can-eat mudbugs at this family-friendly crawfish cook-off, which also features live music, rides, shopping, and a kid zone. Proceeds benefit Camp Hope, as well as other education foundations around town. Presale tickets start at $20. 11am to 11pm.
- HGO presents Don Giovanni at Wortham Theater Center | Saturday, April 20 – Experience Mozart’s masterpiece, Don Giovanni, with a performance by Houston Grand Opera at Wortham Theater Center. The story follows a notorious womanizer who ventures across Europe, only to find that his luck runs out upon meeting a pair of Spanish women. Tickets start at $20, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Chelsea Handler at Revention Music Center | Saturday, April 20 – Bust a gut at a live show by stand-up-comedian and talk show host Chelsea Handler, who is touring the country in support of her newest of six books and first memoir, Life Will Be the Death of Me. Tickets start at $68. 8pm.
- Houston Cup at Houston Polo Club | Easter Sunday, April 21 – Cheer from the stands as two polo teams compete in the Houston Cup at the Houston Polo Club. You can also expect live music, a price drawing by Plains Capital Bank, and a halftime divot stomp. Tickets start at $30. 5pm.
- Snow Patrol in Concert at Revention Music Center | Easter Sunday, April 21 – Catch a concert by the Grammy-nominated rock group, Snow Patrol, when they bring their “Wildness Tour” to Revention Music Center. We Are Scientists and Ryan McMullan open the show. Tickets start at $35. 8pm.
- Easter Brunch at Restaurants Around Houston | Easter Sunday, April 21 – From buffet spreads and mimosas to pictures with the Easter Bunny and Easter egg hunts, there’s something for every family to enjoy at brunch this Easter Sunday. Times, locations, and prices vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).