Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, April 15 to Sunday, April 21, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in April 2019
Hop around Houston this week to the many family friendly events like catching Mickey Mouse Live on the ice, an IronKids Family Fun Run, high flying fun at HobbyFest, a crawfish base, and endless Easter egg activities which can also be found here.
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Curious Kids at Nature Discovery Center | Tuesday, April 16 – Bring your curious tots to Nature Discovery Center for a morning or afternoon of inquisitive play time. They will learn basic concepts through hands on classes including live animals, plants, natural objects, crafts, puppets, stories, and nature walks. Ages 3 to 5. Tickets for the class are $20 for non-members; $15 for members. Times vary.
- Disney on Ice Presents Mickey’s Search Party at NRG Stadium | Wednesday, April 17 through Sunday, April 21 – Join Mickey, Minnie, and the rest of the crew as they follow Captain Hook’s treasure map in search of the missing Tinker Bell. The show is cool as ice as they jump, twirl, and spin their way through this adventure on ice skates. Tickets start at $20. Showtimes vary.
- Eggtivities at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Friday, April 19 and Saturday, April 20 – Come ready for fun at The Woodlands Children’s Museum and get you chance to say hi to The Easter Bunny. Eggcellent Easter activities like creating a bunny mask, dying eggs, and embellishing egg carton baskets or a bunny box to carry their egg-cellent creations jam pack this two-day celebration. Tickets are included in the $7 general museum admission; children under 1 are free. 10am to 2pm both days.
- Children’s Memorial Hermann IronKids Texas Fun Run at Town Green Park | Saturday, April 20 – Bring your young athlete to the Woodlands for a 1- or half-mile race, 30-foot Toddler Dot Trot, or 15-foot Diaper Dot Dash at Memorial Hermann’s IronKids Texas Fun Run in Town Green Park. Tickets are $20. 9:30am.
- HobbyFest 2019 at Hobby Airport | Saturday, April 20| FREE – Soar on over to Hobby Airport for a family day of fun at HobbyFest. Expect to see plenty of aircraft up close and personal, experience appearances from local government officials, and enjoy tons of activities for the kids including bounce houses, face painting, a live DJ, raffle prizes, and more. Event is free with the donation of a non-perishable food item or infant essentials. 10am to 4pm.
- Puppies for Breakfast Dog Fest 2019 at Market Square Park | Saturday, April 20| FREE – Let the kids share their love with adorable pups at this unique Dog Fest. The fest will include over 40 dog industry vendors and artists, a costume contest, a mayor of Market Square contest, an area for four four-legged friends to play in, music and more. 10am to 2pm.
- Superhero Saturday at The RINK at Discovery Green | Saturday, April 20 – Slide and glide around The Rink with your favorite characters. This Saturday, Buzz Lightyear and Woody of Toy Story will lace up their skates to put a smile on the kid’s faces and soar to “infinity and beyond”. Tickets are $10; $4 skate rentals. 4pm to 6pm.
- Easter at Hermann Park | Easter Sunday, April 21 – Make your way over to Hermann Park for a scenic breakfast on Pinewood Cafe’s patio followed by an Easter egg hunt, a ride on the Hermann Park Railroad, and a pedal boat ride. Space is limited and advance ticket purchase is required. Tickets are $14 for adults; $7 for children ages 12 and under. 8:30am.
- Easter Celebration at Historic Galveston Island Pleasure Pier | Easter Sunday, April 21 – Soak in the salty sea air on Easter Sunday as the family hits the pier in Galveston. There will be many activities to choose from, a Golden Egg Hunt, and a family-friendly movie screening of Hop. Egg hunts take place once an hour from noon to 4pm. 11am to 8pm. Prices vary.
- Kingwood Easter Craft Show at Town Center Park | Easter Sunday, April 21 | FREE – Finish your family celebrations then enjoy a family-friendly Easter Sunday market filled with crafts, local artisans, vendors, and activities for the kiddos at Town Center Park in Kingwood. This event is pet-friendly, too. Noon to 4pm.
- Houston Cup at Houston Polo Club | Easter Sunday, April 21 – Houston Polo Club hosts a double header match-up next door to Memorial Park. There will be a price drawing by Plains Capital Bank, a halftime champagne divot stomp, live music, and more. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).