Rally behind the home teams at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, April 15 through Sunday, April 21, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in April 2019
The Houston Rockets finally step up to the big stage in the NBA playoffs this week while college baseball teams swing for the fences.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Cougars vs. Texas A&M Aggies at Schroeder Park | Tuesday, April 16 – The Coogs face a Top Ten baseball team in the Aggies for a single game series at the UH campus. Tickets start at $5 with behind-the-plate seating available for $10. 6:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz: Western Conference Playoffs Game 2 at Toyota Center | Wednesday, April 17 – Crunch time is underway in the NBA with the Rockets heading into Game two for a playoff rematch against the Jazz. Tickets for this game will be in high demand and is likely to sell out with seats ranging from $48 to over $500, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Green 6.2 5K, 10K, and Kids K at City Centre | Saturday, April 20 – The tenth annual race by green6.2 provides a sustainable Houston Marathon qualifying event, with zero waste, paperless registrations, and other environmentally responsible initiatives. Registration fees range from $15 for children in the Kids K, to $45 for the 5K and $50 for the 10K. First events begin at 7:30am.
- Rice Owls vs. Middle Tennessee at Reckling Park | Saturday, April 20 – The Owls meet a fledgling team from Middle Tennessee on a spring weekend afternoon. Tickets start at $15. 6:30pm.
- Houston Cup at Houston Polo Club | Easter Sunday, April 21 – A special double header on Easter evening features a winner-take-all match-up, with candy toss for kids at halftime, champagne divot stomp, and a prize drawing. Tickets start at $30 for adults, with Grandstand seating ranging from $79 to $695. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).