Make the most of your week with our top 17 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, April 8 to Sunday, April 14, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in April 2019
Cheer on finalists in the US Men’s Clay Court Championship, sample unlimited bites from top eateries around town, admire the talent showcased in METdance’s latest production, head to Aveva Stadium for a rugby match against the Seattle Seawolves, jam out at DMX’s 20th anniversary tour and more.
Top 17 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Jazz & Juleps at Bayou Bend | Tuesday, April 9 – Sip mint juleps while listening to live jazz by the Richard Brown Trio, featuring vocals from Bob Luna, at Jazz & Juleps in Bayou Bend. You can also take advantage of special evening access to the first floor of Ima Hogg’s legendary mansion. $35.6pm to 8pm.
- Houston Press Menu of Menus at Silver Street Station | Tuesday, April 9 – Dive into unlimited food samples, plus beer, wine, and cocktails tastings, from some of the city’s top eateries at the 17th annual Houston Press Menu of Menus at Silver Street Station. Restaurants include Andalucia, Boheme, Bosscat Kitchen & Libations, Kuu, Max’s Wine Dive, and Peli Peli. Tickets start at $49 for early bird general admission, with early bird VIP tickets available for $79. 7pm to 10pm.
- Houston Astros vs. New York Yankees at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, April 9 – Root for the home team when the Astros take the field for a game against the New York Yankees at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $25, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
- Better Together at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Friday, April 12 and Saturday, April 13 – Experience an artistic showcase of unity and physicality with METdance’s newest program, Better Together, at Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Tickets start at $21, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm both nights.
- Nutcracker Market-Spring Spectacular at NRG Center | Friday, April 12 to Sunday, April 14 – For the first time ever, the Houston Ballet’s beloved Christmastime market makes its warm-weather debut with the Spring Spectacular, an expansive shopping experience that features approximately 160 merchants from across the country. You can shop an assortment of seasonal items, including summer apparel and accessories, novelties, gourmet food, home decor and more. $15. Times vary.
- Crimes of the Heart at The Alley Theatre | Friday, April 12 to Sunday, April 14 – Follow three sisters as they discover themselves, their breaking points, and their ability to embrace the future in the Pulitzer Prize-winning stage play, Crimes of the Heart, presented by Alley Theatre. Tickets start at $26. Showtimes vary.
- NHRA Spring Nationals at Houston Raceway Park | Friday, April 12 to Sunday, April 14 – Get revved up to watch top-tier racers speed around Houston Raceway Park in the three-day NHRA Spring Nationals competition. Single-day tickets start at $35 for adults; $5 for children, with multi-day packages available from $115. Times vary.
- Toast at the MATCH | Friday, April 12 to Sunday, April 14 – Hop on board a raucous, mind-bending journey through Dante’s Nine Circles of Hell in Catastrophic Theatre’s performance of Toast at MATCH. Tickets are pay-what-you-can. Showtimes vary.
- SPA presents Finding Neverland: The Musical at Jones Hall | Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14 – Fly away to a world of mermaids, pixie dust, and eternal youth when SPA presents Finding Neverland: The Musical at Jones Hall. The musical performance tells the story of Playwright J.M. Barrie as he forms one of the world’s most memorable characters, Peter Pan. Tickets start at $35. Saturday 7:30pm; Sunday 1pm.
- 32nd Annual Houston Art Car Parade in Downtown | Saturday, April 13 | FREE – Feast your eyes on the most outlandish, colorful, and creative cars you can imagine as they cruise down the streets of Houston during the world’s largest art car parade at Sam Houston Park. 2pm.
- Houston Sabercats vs. Seattle Seawolves at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, April 13 – Get rowdy at a rugby match between the Houston Sabercats at the Seattle Seawolves at Aveva Stadium. Tickets start at $55. 5:30pm.
- La Adictiva at Arena Theatre | Saturday, April 13 – Jam out to hits like “Te Amo y Te Amo” and “Despues de Ti Quien” at a live show from La Adictiva at Arena Theatre. Tickets start at $55, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Karbach Crawfish Fest at Karbach Brewery | Sunday, April 14 – Hang out on the patio at Karbach Brewery with plenty of tasty mudbugs, live zydeco and brass bands, craft beer and more at Karbach Crawfish Fest, which benefits the Robert Garner Firefighter Foundation. Early bird general admission tickets are limited and cost $15; general admission is $25; VIP tickets cost $135. Noon to 9pm.
- US Men’s Clay Court Championship Singles Final at River Oaks Country Club | Sunday, April 14 – Cheer on some of the top tennis players in the country when they come to River Oaks Country Club for the US Men’s Clay Court Championship Singles Final. Tickets are $20, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 2pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Reign FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, April 14 – Cheer on the Dash as they play against Reign FC in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $15. 5pm.
- Big Freedia in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Sunday, April 14 – Dance the night away at a live show by Big Freedia, a musician known for popularizing the New Orleans-based genre of bounce music, when she brings her tour to White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- DMX in Concert at House of Blues | Sunday, April 14 – Celebrate 20 years of jams like “X Gon Give It To Ya” and “Party Up” at DMX’s anniversary tour, “It’s Dark and Hell is Hot,” at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $30, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).