Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, April 8 to Sunday, April 14, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in April 2019
Plan a week of family fun with many free events around Houston from Easter celebrations including, a family sports game, a Spring Fling, rollerskating under the Houston lights, and even some slime.
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Let’s Kick It- Sphere in the Park at Evelyn’s Park | Tuesday, April 9 | FREE – Kick it as a family at a soccer-inspired fitness concept designed by Major League Soccer player Michael Chabala. Kickoff with your little sidekick as you try a new form of family fitness. It combines skill, fun, and fitness in a unique 45-minute game for you and your mini. Ages 4 to 8 are welcome. 6pm to 6:45pm.
- Double Dare Live! at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, April 11 – Join the audience for a live taping of the ’90s classic Double Dare with host Marc Summers. Audience members could get chosen to answer trivia questions, take a physical challenge, or risk getting slimed. Tickets start at $34. 8pm.
- FUNFetti Fridays at The Rink at Discovery Green | Friday, April 12 – Roller skate into the night under the Houston skyline. Jam to family friendly music while you swirl around the rink. Tickets are $10; $4 skate rentals. 7pm to 10pm.
- March for Babies at Constellation Field | Saturday, April 13 | FREE – Join a team and take a walk to help the most vulnerable among us during the March for Babies, a March for Dimes fundraiser happening at Constellation Field in Imperial. This event is part of the month-long Houston’s Largest Home Tour from Johnson Development. The event is free to attend, but how much you raise for the cause is up to you. 7am to 10am.
- 3rd Annual Cane Island Car Show | Saturday, April 13 | FREE – Cane Island in Katy hosts a free car show displaying an impressive collection of classic cars, high-performance sports cars, vintage roadsters, and custom hot rods. There will be face painting, bounce houses, live music, and food trucks offering items for purchase. 10am to 3pm.
- Easter EGGstravaganza at Blessington Farms | Saturday, April 13 and Sunday, April 14 – Make the fun filled decision of picking your own strawberries or dyeing Easter eggs first at the Easter Eggstravaganza at Blessington Farms. All day you can be on the hunt for more fun like hayrides, barrel trains, giant slides, and animal encounters (including chickens, goats, and camels). Eggs can be redeemed for candy and prizes. Tickets are $20; children 18 months and under are free; the egg hunt is $3 per child with paid admission to Farm Funland. 10am to 5pm.
- Parks and Picnics Fun Fest at Sienna Plantation | Saturday, April 13 | FREE – Make it a family day with activities that include bounce houses, a climbing fort, an inflatable adventure zone, jumbo Jenga, bucket pong, giant Connect Four, a “See you in Sienna” pop-up photo opp, and more. Refuel with snow cones, Food Trucks, and other yummy finds. No cover for this event. 11am to 2pm.
- Mutt Strut at Cross Creek Ranch | Saturday, April 13 | FREE – Have a doggone good time with the kids and canines at the Mutt Strut in Cross Creek Ranch. In addition to the strut, there will be bounce houses, face painting, live music, a dog costume contest, a peanut butter-eating contest, and dog adoptions. Admission is free, but you can make a $10 donation to Fort Bend Paws for an entry to win one year of free pet grooming. 11am to 3pm.
- Easter Egg Scramble at Jordan Ranch | Saturday, April 13 | FREE – Set out on a hunt for golden eggs filled with cash yolks at Jordan Ranch. There will be hunts for all ages, including Mom and Dad, along with photos with the Easter Bunny, a petting zoo, photo booth, face painters, and balloon twisters. Noon to 2pm.
- 32nd Art Car Parade in Sam Houston Park | Saturday, April 13 | FREE – Little eyes will stare in awe as the most outlandish cars take the streets. Over 250 entries will attract spectators as cars created by artists, students, youth groups, families, organizations, and anyone with a passion for creativity roll through for everyone to see. 2pm.
- Green Mountain Energy Earth Day Houston at Discovery Green | Sunday, April 14 | FREE – Get inspired to take care of our planet during a day of family enlightenment at Discovery Green. The event features displays, exhibits, and booths on topics ranging from alternative energy to recycling methods, a foodie farmers market, recycling, a live music acoustic mini-festival and more. Noon to 5pm.
- Spring Fling and Easter Things at Republic Gymnastics in Cypress | Sunday, April 14 | FREE – Get in the Easter spirit at Republic Gymnastics when they open their doors to the public for an egg-citing day. Enjoy a tour facility, shop local vendors, get some yummy goodies from food trucks, participate in our Easter Egg Hunt and more. Don’t miss out on the silent auction benefitting the American Cancer Society. 1pm to 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).