Pick up a pair of seats for these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, April 8 through Sunday, April 14, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in April 2019
A new stadium, a new season, and a new chapter in one of baseball’s most exciting rivalries in recent years highlights this week’s games and sports events in Houston.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Astros vs. New York Yankees at Minute Maid Park | Tuesday, April 9 – A budding rivalry, these elite American League teams have had some spicy face-to-face encounters over the past couple seasons and now they renew their fight for conference control with this mid-week matchup — on Dollar Hot Dog Night, no less. Tickets range from $25 to over $125, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
- NHRA Spring Nationals at Houston Raceway Park | Friday, April 12 through Sunday, April 14 – Grab your earplugs and head to Baytown for a weekend of drag racing featuring high-octane motorcycles, mod, and nitro competitions. Single-day tickets start at $35 for adults; $5 for children, with multi-day packages available from $115. Times vary.
- Houston Sabercats vs. Seattle Seawolves at Aveva Stadium | Saturday, April 13 – It’s a grand opening at the newest stadium in Houston, located at Houston Sports Park just off Highway 288 near Pearland. Aveva Stadium looks to be the new home of Major League Rugby’s Houston Sabercats and they christen it with a match against the Seawolves. Tickets range from $55 to $95. 5:30pm.
- US Men’s Clay Court Championship Singles Final at River Oaks Country Club | Sunday, April 14 – Led by the world’s ninth-ranked player, American John Isner, the 28-player field for the 119th US Men’s Clay Court Championship vies for a $500,000 prize, culminating in Sunday’s Singles Final. Tickets for the Final are in high demand, with “Standing-Room-Only” available at $20, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 2pm.
- Houston Dash vs. Seattle Reign FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Sunday, April 14 – The women’s soccer team kicks off their sixth season, led by captain Kealia Ohai, returning defender Ari Romero of Mexico, Canada’s Allysha Chapman, and 2019 SheBelieves Cup winner, England’s Rachel Daly. Tickets range from $7.50 to $25. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).