Our My Top 5 series showcases Houstonians who are creating the city’s culture and community and asks them to share their own local favorites. This week we’re delighted to feature professional artist and entrepreneur, Angela Fabbri. See the artist and her work at the first-ever fine art pop up gallery to take place in the River Oaks District on Saturday, April 6, 2019. The solo opening will showcase Fabbri’s contemporary paintings and home decor items.
My Top 5 Things to Do in Houston
by Angela Fabbri
- Savarese Fight Fit – I love being active and getting a good sweat on and Savarese Fight Fit is my go to. With my crazy schedule, I love that I can go in for a kickboxing class (my favorite), get a full body workout, and burn more than 700 calories in 45 minutes. The staff is super friendly and they did a great job at making me feel comfortable especially when I was first starting.
- El Tiempo – I swear their queso keeps me alive. I’ve been going to the Washington location from Chef Domenic Laurenzo for about 10 years now. Victor, Chris, Emilio, and all of the staff are always smiling and the energy is always buzzing. It’s my happy place.
- White Oak Music Hall – Going to concerts is one of my favorite indulgences and WOMH offers a range of experiences with their multi-venue complex. My favorite venues they have are their two indoor venues. They’re set up for intimate yet powerful experiences. I recently saw one of my favorite bands, LP, play and it was pure magic. I’m really looking forward to seeing Chvrches in April.
- River Oaks District – When I need a new outfit for something special I love to plan an afternoon at ROD. Ask for Amanda at Vince or Jen at Alice and Olivia…they always set me up with the perfect look. Afterward, pop over to Toulouse for an Aperol spritz and Nicoise salad. Pedro and his team will take care of you like family.
- Uchi – This little spot is no secret. I’m a huge fan of sushi but the dishes at Uchi are so much more than sushi. With fish flown in from Japan daily and the creativity that comes out of their kitchen, you are guaranteed to have an out-of-body experience. My favorite single bite of food in all of Houston is found here…the “old hotate.” It makes time stop.
About Angela Fabbri
Best known for her contemporary realism and electric color palettes, Houston-based artist Angela Fabbri uses acrylic paint to create refined work with vibrancy and depth. Completely self-taught, Fabbri, is driven by her passion for art which was evident at an early age. After receiving a B.A. in Marketing from Mississippi State University, she began her journey to becoming a professional artist and entrepreneur. For years and years, Fabbri has painted in any corner she had available in her home. In 2013 she became the first tenant at Silver Street Studios where she hosts private events and welcomes visits by appointment. Today, Fabbri has had exhibitions at Esperson Gallery in Houston and has been featured in the publications including, Modern Luxury Magazine, Paper City Magazine, Houston Chronicle, Interiors Texas, and Culture Map. See the artist and her work at the first-ever fine art pop up gallery to take place in the River Oaks District on Saturday, April 6, 2019. The solo opening will showcase Fabbri’s contemporary paintings and home decor items.