Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, April 1 to Sunday, April 7, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in April 2019
Celebrate man’s best friend at an annual festival in CityCentre, jam out to throwback tunes during a live show by Death Cab for Cutie, stroll through Elizabeth Baldwin Park to view a variety of local artwork, chow down on mouth-watering Cajun eats, catch a unique performance by ROCO’s brass quintet and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Little Shop of Horrors at Stages Repertory Company | Wednesday, April 3 to Sunday, April 7 – Revel in all of the campy fun of the sci-fi musical hit, Little Shop of Horrors, during a showing of the play in Stages Repertory Theatre. Tickets start at $25, but limited discounted tickets are available to select performances. Showtimes vary.
- Death Cab for Cutie in Concert at Revention Music Center | Wednesday, April 3 – Sing along to songs like “Soul Meets Body” and “I Will Follow You Into the Dark” when the popular, mid-2000s alt-rock band, Death Cab for Cutie, takes the stage at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site.
- The Winery Comedy Tour at Sable Gate Winery in Midtown | Thursday, April 4 – Pair fine wines with gut-busting comedy when Sable Gate Winery welcomes The Winery Comedy Tour, a new comedy circuit that brings nationally recognized comedians to audiences in a new, vino-centric venue. 7:30pm.
- 52nd Annual WorldFest-Houston at The Memorial City Cinemark Theatre | Friday, April 5 to Sunday, April 7 – Channel your inner film critic with 10 days of screenings, award ceremonies, and galas during the 52nd annual WorldFest-Houston at The Memorial City Cinemark Theatre. Prices and times vary.
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park | Friday, April 5 to Sunday, April 7 – Get loud for the Astros when they take the field to play Oakland in a home game at Minute Maid Park. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Times vary.
- Comedian Bobby Lee at Houston Improv | Friday, April 5 to Sunday, April 7 – Laugh out loud when stand-up comedian and actor Bobby Lee performs his live show at Houston Improv. Tickets start at $22. Showtimes vary.
- Art in the Park 2019 at Elizabeth Baldwin Park | Saturday, April 6 | FREE – Scope out a diverse selection of local artwork, including sculpture, mixed media, chalk, and live art, when Midtown Houston presents Art in the Park at Elizabeth Baldwin Park. The family-friendly event also features local food trucks, live music, a DIY station, and a beer garden. 10am to 6pm.
- 10th Annual Doggy Party on the Plaza in CityCentre | Saturday, April 6 | FREE – Bring your pups to CityCentre for the tenth annual Doggy Party on the Plaza, which celebrates man’s best friend with costume contests, giveaways, a “Rescue Me” Parade, games, face-painting, shopping, food, and drinks. Noon to 5pm.
- 5th Annual Heads N Tails Crawfish Fest at Grooves of Houston | Saturday, April 6 – Head to Grooves of Houston for one of the city’s biggest crawfish festivals, the Heads N Tails Crawfish Fest, which offers plenty of boiled crawfish, as well as boudin, turkey legs, sausage on a stick, funnel cakes and more. You can also listen to live music by J Paul & The Zydeco Newbreeds, plus tunes from local DJs. Limited complimentary tickets are available with an RSVP; $10 passes with expedited entry are also available. 1pm to 9pm.
- April Pools Day: 2nd Anniversary Party at Birds Barbershop in The Heights | Saturday, April 6 | FREE – Birds Barbershop in the Heights celebrates its two-year anniversary with a pool-themed party that will spill out into the parking lot. Highlights include an oversized foam pool complete with a drag queen lifeguard, a synchronized swimming demo, and Zinka face painting booth. 2pm to 5pm.
- Muddy Trails Bash at Rob Fleming Park | Saturday, April 6 – Lace up your running shoes for the 12th annual Muddy Trails Bash at Rob Fleming Park. You can participate in a 5K, 10K, Little Muddy Kids’ One-Mile Fun Run, or the dog-friendly 2K-9 Fun Run. Stick around for the post-race party with live zydeco music, a crawfish cook-off, and children’s activities. Registration starts at $45 for the 5K; $50 for the 10K; $35 for the Kids’ Fun Run and Dogs Fun Run. 3pm to 8pm.
- ROCO Unchambered: Chase Sequence at MATCH | Saturday, April 6 – Catch the conclusion of ROCO’s Unchambered series with a unique performance by the ROCO Brass Quintet. The players will present Chase Sequence, James Stephenson’s piece where each musician imitates the next, all trying to “catch up” with one another. $25. 5pm.
- Zoo Ball 2019: Flights of Fancy at Houston Zoo | Saturday, April 6 – Suit up and head out to the Houston Zoo for the annual black-tie affair, Zoo Ball, which this year celebrates the Zoo’s diverse collection of birds, as well as their efforts to save bird species around the world. Tickets start at $1,000. 6pm.
- 2019 Day Sails & Plankowners Sailabration at Texas Seaport Museum | Saturday, April 6 – In conjunction with the 2019 Daysails, Galveston Historical Foundation invites you to the Texas Seaport Museum on Pier 22 in Galveston for their annual Plankowners Sailabration. The Plankowners party will include heavy hors-d’oeuvres, complimentary craft beer from Saint Arnold Brewing Company, wine, a specialty cocktail, incredible auction items, live music from local favorites Harbors Over Highways, and more. Tickets are $100 per person for the party and $200 for the ELISSA Day Sails. Day sails begin at 1pm; party begins at 6pm.
- Tacos Over Texas at The Original Ninfa’s on Navigation | Sunday, April 7 – Taste delicious tacos made by chefs from near and far, as Ninfa’s on Navigation presents the Tacos over Texas fundraiser, benefitting The Ninfa Laurenzo Scholarship Fund. During the event, you can sample a specialty taco from each chef, drink beer and margaritas, and listen to live music. Tickets start at $40. 1pm to 4pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns at Toyota Center | Sunday, April 7 – Head to Toyota Center for Fan Appreciation Night as the Rockets hit the court to play the Suns at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).