Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, April 1 to Sunday, April 7, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in April 2019
Spring has sprung in Houston and there is plenty to do to keep your little ones busy like a free afternoon at the zoo, roller skating, crawfish festivals, and even helping your teen get a job this Summer.
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Free Tuesday Afternoons at The Houston Zoo | Tuesday, April 2 | FREE – Roar with the lions, tower tall with the giraffes, and marvel at all the other wonderful creatures at the Houston Zoo free of charge on Tuesday afternoon. Attractions outside of admission will be regularly priced. Noon to 6pm.
- Time Warp Tuesday at The Rink at Discovery Green | Tuesday, April 2 – Show your kids you still got it as you introduce them to some oldies but goodies around The Rink. It’s the music you know and love spun by popular local DJs. Costumes and decade- or theme-specific attire are welcome. Tickets are $10 plus $4 skate rental if needed. 7pm to 9pm.
- University of Houston Cougars Baseball at Schroeder Park | Friday, April 5 – Cheer on the boys in red as they take on East Caroline University Pirates. Grab your peanuts and crackerjacks and make it a great Spring night with the family. Tickets start at $24. 6:30pm
- Houston Astros at Minute Maid Park | Friday, April 5 – Our boys are back and ready for a new and exciting baseball season. The Houston Astros take the hometown field against the Oakland A’s at Minute Maid Park. Kiddos will enjoy watching the train and all the excitement on the jumbotron. Tickets start at $15. 7:10pm.
- Midtown Art in the Park at Elizabeth Baldwin Park | Saturday, April 6 | FREE –Midtown Houston hosts Art in the Park, a family-friendly event featuring over 100 local and regional artists at Elizabeth Baldwin Park. Guests can also take their pick from local food trucks or settle in for some live music, a DIY station, and a grab a refreshing drink. 10am to 6pm.
- Hire Houston Youth On-The-Spot Hiring Event at Sunnyside Multi-Service Center | Saturday, April 6 | FREE – Set your teens up for Summer and send them with a résumé and valid work documents to Hire Houston Youth On-The-Spot Hiring Event. Mayor Sylvester Turner’s Hire Houston Youth initiative, in partnership with the Greater Houston McDonald’s owners/operators, is hosting a series of job and resource fairs in an effort to employ thousands of Houston area youth this summer. McDonald’s restaurants across Greater Houston will hire on-the-spot. Many other Houston companies will be hiring as well. Ages 16 and up only. 10am to 2pm.
- The Grand Kid’s Festival at The Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston | Saturday, April 6 | FREE – Entertain the kids with pony rides, inflatables, a petting zoo, interactive entertainment, and a variety of food and beverage booths at The Grand Kids Festival in Galveston. There will also be three outdoor stages and one indoor stage set up to keep your kids smiling with performances like “The Snow Queen” and “Mr. Blue Shoes”. 10am to 5pm.
- Crafts and Crawfish at Cane Island | Saturday, April 6 | FREE – Kids and adults will find something to make them happy at Crafts and Crawfish at Cane Island in Katy. While adults shop from over 65 vendors, kids will have a blast on bounce houses, the obstacle course, sno-cones and more. 11am to 5pm.
- Woodforest Crawfish Carnival at Christine Allen Nature Park| Saturday, April 6 – Heaps and heaps of little mudbugs will be around for everyone at the Woodforest Crawfish Carnival in Montgomery. If spicy crustaceans aren’t your thing, the eye-catching Ferris wheel is ready to take your family for a spin. There will also be zydeco music, carnival games, crawfish races, inflatables, a photo booth and more. Tickets are $10 in advance; $15 at the gate. Noon to 5pm.
- 10th Annual Doggy Party on the Plaza at CityCentre | Saturday, April 6 | FREE – Bring your pups to CityCentre for the tenth annual Doggy Party on the Plaza. Kids will enjoy seeing the costume contest, face-painting, a “Rescue Me” Parade, games and more. Noon to 5pm.
- 9th Annual Palestinian Festival at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, April 6 and Sunday, April 7 – Dive into Palestinian Culture and heritage at a family day filled with excitement. The festival will include Palestinian cuisine, cultural music and dance performances, activities for the kids, vendors and more. Adult tickets are $10; $5 for children ages 5 to 11; children under 5 get in free. Times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).