Don your best fan gear for these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, April 1 through Sunday, April 7, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in April 2019
The ‘Stros are back in town for a brand new year of baseball while potential MVP James Harden leads the Houston Rockets towards a grueling playoff.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Rockets vs. New York Knicks at Toyota Center | Friday, April 5 – The Rockets continue to push for one of the best records in the Western Conference (not to mention a potential back-to-back MVP for James Harden) against the New York Knicks. Tickets start at $20, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Oakland Athletics at Minute Maid Park | Friday, April 5 – It’s a new year and, after falling to the eventual World Series champions from Boston, the Astros aim to #TakeItBack. Opening Day kicks off with a Street Fest outside the ballpark with live music, games, food trucks, face painters, and inflatable fun. Standing room-only tickets are $49, with seats ranging from $63 to over $200, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
- Fight for Air Climb at 1001 Fannin Building | Saturday, April 6 – Take a step toward supporting those fighting lung disease as you ascend more than 1,000 stairs at 1001 Fannin. For the competitive at heart, turn it into a race to the top with a special registration designation. Registration is $35, with special registration also available to firefighters, law enforcement, EMT, and military. 9am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns at Toyota Center | Sunday, April 7 – It’s Fan Appreciation Night for the final home regular season game before the Rockets embark on a deep playoff run. Attendees will have a chance at catching autographed memorabilia and seeing special in-game entertainment. This will likely be the cheapest remaining game before the playoff push, too. Tickets range from $20 to over $500, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. 6pm.
- Centennial Club and Spring Cup Final at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, April 7 – A doubleheader at the Polo Club helps kick off a new spring season with the final two teams competing in the Spring Cup Final. Fans can also enjoy live music, pony bounce, Best Dressed contest, and a halftime champagne divot stomp. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats range from $79 to $695. 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).