Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 27 to Sunday, March 31, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Art Factory presents NINE at the Docks | Friday to Sunday – Based on the somewhat autobiographical film 8 1/2, by Federico Fellini, the mesmerizing musical, NINE, surrounds filmmaker Guido Contini as he struggles with an artistic block as his 40th birthday approaches. Tickets are $25. Buy four tickets and get a fifth one free. Friday and Saturday at 8pm; Sunday at 5pm.
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Join Axelrad for their popular Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of the best Jazz musicians in Houston. 6:30pm.
- Ali Wong at Revention Music Center – Bust a gut when stand up comedian, writer, and actress, Ali Wong takes the stage for The Milk and Money Tour at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $46. 7pm.
- CultureMap Houston Tastemaker Awards 2019 at Silver Street Studios – March marks the return of the annual CultureMap Tastemaker Awards, honoring the top restaurant and bar talent in Houston at a swanky tasting event and awards ceremony. Tickets are $50 in advance; $60 day of for general admission; $70 for VIP. 7pm to 10pm.
- I Love My City Art Show at Nomu Art Gallery | No Cover – Nomu Art Gallery hosts an art show showing appreciation for the city of Houston featuring original works by 20 local artists. 7pm to 10pm.
- Monthly Cooking Class with Chef Evelyn Garcia at Decatur Bar and Pop-Up Factory – Join Chef Evelyn Garcia, Decatur Bar & Pop-Up Factory’s current chef-in-residence, for her monthly cooking class and dinner in our private pop-up space. You’ll learn the basics of cooking a few of her signature southeast Asian meets Latin dishes. Tickets are $80 per person. 7pm to 9pm.
- Disney Trivia and Sing-a-Long at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Under the Radar Brewery hosts a Trivia and Sing-A-Long night based on Disney’s animated movies. There will be prizes for the winning trivia team, the best team name, and the best Disney-themed outfit. 7:30pm.
Thursday, March 28, 2019
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH | No Cover – Browse the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and enjoy a cash bar, local DJ and grub from a local food truck. 5pm to 8pm.
- Bourbon + Burgers with Morgan Weber at Revival Market – Kick back and enjoy a selection of bourbon samples hand-picked by Agricole Hospitality’s Morgan Weber. Held at Revival Market, the evening will also include tasty bites like charcuterie and juicy burgers. Tickets are $110. 5:30pm to 8pm.
- The Art Party at Watercolor Art Society – Houston | No Cover – The Watercolor Art Society-Houston (WAS-H) hosted an evening art social for young adults and professionals to celebrate its successful 42nd annual International Watermedia Exhibition. There will be free drinks, musical entertainment, and access to view watercolors from all over the world at WAS-H’s gallery. 6pm to 8pm.
- Moneybagg Yo in Concert at House of Blues – Rapper and songwriter, Moneybagg Yo performs a live show at House of Blues in Downtown for his “Word 4 Word Tour”. Tickets are $25. Doors at 7pm. Show at 8pm.
- Bob Schneider in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Grab a drink at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck and enjoy back-to-back solo sets by Austin’s own Bob Schneider. Tickets start at $28 online; $30 at the door. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Rory Scovel at The Secret Group – Have a good laugh when the stand-up comedian, Rory Scovel, takes the stage at The Secret Group. Tickets start at $20. 7pm.
- Bambull Black Presents Heart Drive at The Dive – The Heart Drive is an Art Supply Drive for local teachers and a house dance party featuring New Orleans House DJ Lil Jodeci, locals DJ XL0 and DJ Dom Top at The Dive. Tickets are $12. 7pm.
- Trio Fórte in Concert at Axelrad – The Axelrad Concert Series presents a LatinJazz, Bossanova, and dance night every last Thursday of the month a performance from Trio Fórte. 7:30pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Rad City Thursdays at Present Company | No Cover – Jam out to nothing but ’80s tunes when DJ Fredster spings at the Montrose bar, Present Company. 9pm.
Friday, March 29, 2019
- The Revivalists in Concert at Revention Music Center – The 8-piece American rock band formed in New Orleans, The Revivalists, bring their “Take Good Care Tour” to Houston with a live show at Revention Music Center in Downtown’s Theater District. Tickets are $35. 7pm.
- Buddy Guy in Concert at House of Blues – The Chicago blues guitarist and singer, Buddy Guy, performs a live show at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets range from $39.50 to $99.50. 7pm.
- A/s/l? A Y2K Experience Through Art at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – Come out to an art show all about the early 2000’s, A/s/l? A Y2K Experience Through Art, at Insomnia Gallery in the East End. 7pm to 11pm.
- The It’s Just a Rap Show at Warehouse Live – It’s Just Rap presents a showcase featuring live music from Amanda Sharee, JC Seals III, DJ Tha Prince and more at Warehouse Live. Tickets are $10 in advance; $15 the day of the show. 7pm.
- Badfish: A Tribute to Sublime at White Oak Music Hall – Hear all of your favorite songs by the ska-punk band, Sublime when tribute band, Badfish performs a live show at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets range from $20 to $25. 7pm.
- The Glow Ball at Silver Street Studios – Sip specialty cocktails from an open bar, dance to live music by DJ Morgan Morgan and DJ Yisel Smns, taste light bites from Houston restaurants, and experience immersive art installations by local talent at The Glow Ball, which benefits Fresh Arts, at Silver Street Studios. Tickets start at $600. 8pm.
- Erasure Tribute Night at Etro Lounge | No Cover – Dance to the music of ’80s band, Erasure, along with other ’80s classics with DJ E-nertia at Etro Lounge in Downtown. 10pm.
Saturday, March 30, 2019
- Crawl MS Pub Crawl in The Heights | No Cover – The Houston MS Society and Eureka Heights Brewing Co. host the first ever pub crawl to raise money to fight multiple sclerosis. There will be a raffle, t-shirts and pint glasses for sale, and $1 of all Eureka Heights beer will be donated to the National MS Society. 2pm to 6pm.
- Girls Love Crawfish at East End Hardware – Black Girls Who Brunch and EaDeaux’s Cajun Cocina present Girls Loves Crawfish, a day party for all crawfish lovers at East End Hardware. Tickets start at $10. 3pm to 9pm.
- NOPE! An Art Show about Your Fears & Phobias at Texas Art Asylum – Face your fear of clowns, spiders, snakes, heights, and more at the Texas Art Asylum’s evening exhibit, Nope!, which showcases artwork inspired by common fears and phobias. Price is TBD. 4pm to 8pm.
- Neon Garden with Wrestlers and Curved Light at Axelrad | No Cover – Axelrad’s Neon Garden concert series continues with live music from Wrestlers, Curved Light, Ezra Black, Lazybit Collective, and DJ SIXIXIX. 7pm.
- The Beach Boys in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – With Mike Love and Bruce Johnston leading the way, the famed pop-rock group stops by the intimate Sugar Land venue as part of the “Now and Then Tour”. Tickets range from $59.50 to $89.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Terry Allen in Concert at The Heights Theater – The Lubbock-born musician and artist, Terry Allen, is known for his mythical storytelling and twists of musical convention. He visits Houston for an intimate set that tours his catalog of cult favorites. Tickets range from $22 to $32. 8pm.
- Boy Harsher in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The minimal synth duo, Boy Harsher, performs a live show at White Oak Music Hall with support from Boan. Tickets start at $12. 8pm.
- Hozier in Concert at Revention Music Center – Experience a concert from the multi-Platinum singer-songwriter, Hozier when he takes the stage at Revention Music Center. He will be touring in support of his sophomore album, Wasteland, Baby!, which includes his latest single “Movement.” Tickets start at $83. 9pm.
Sunday, March 31, 2019
- Siempre Selena Loteria & Market at East End Studio Gallery – Remember the queen of Tejano music at Siempre Selena, a Loteria and Art Market featuring games, food vendors, drinks and more at East End Studio Gallery. Tickets start at $25 for an all-day Loteria pass. 1pm to 8pm.
- Black Coffee at Clé Houston – The house and dance DJ, Black Coffee spins at the Clé Houston lounge in Midtown. Tickets are $20. 2pm to 8pm.
- Jeff Dunham at NRG Arena – Head to NRG for an afternoon of entertainment from Texas native and ventriloquist Jeff Dunham, who brings his “Passively Aggressive” show to Houston. Tickets start at $43.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 3pm.
- The Long Island Boys at Prohibition Supperclub & Bar – The Long Island Boys have come together from far and wide to dazzle you with their charm, class, and courage. Dressed to impress and always happy to see their audience do the same, the international cast presents daring aerial and acrobatic performances, alongside award-worthy “boy-lesque” showmanship. Tickets are $25, but limited discounted $12.50 tickets are usually available. 6pm.
- William Ryan Key in Concert at House of Blues – The former lead singer, songwriter, and rhythm guitarist of the former pop-punk band Yellowcard, William Ryan Key, performs a live show at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $16. 7pm.
- Fotos y Recuerdos: Selena Tribute at Scandalo Nite Club – Pay tribute to the incomparable Selena Quintanilla at the Fotos y Recuerdos event at the LGBTQ-friendly Scandalo Nite Club. The LA-based performer Melissa Befierce will headline the show. Tickets are $10. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).