Honor the music and legacy of the “Queen of Tejano music”, Selena Quintanilla at one of these tribute events around Houston between Thursday, March 28 to Wednesday, April 24, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
In celebration of the iconic singer’s life and death, parties fall around the anniversary of Selena’s death on March 31 and her birthday, April 16, with concerts, Loteria (Mexican bingo), costume contests and more.
Selena Tribute Events Around Houston
- La Santa Cecilia and Siempre Selena in Concert at Avenida Houston | Thursday, March 28 | FREE – The Los Angeles-based Grammy-winning Mexican-American rock band, La Santa Cecilia headlines the Party on the Plaza concert series at Avenida Houston. Selena tribute band, Siempre Selena opens the show. 6pm to 9:45pm.
- Siempre Selena Loteria & Market at East End Studio Gallery | Sunday, March 31 – Remember the queen of Tejano music at Siempre Selena, a Loteria and Art Market featuring games, food vendors, drinks and more at East End Studio Gallery. Tickets start at $25 for an all-day Loteria pass. 1pm to 8pm.
- Fotos y Recuerdos: Selena Tribute at Scandalo Nite Club | Sunday, March 31 – Pay tribute to the incomparable Selena Quintanilla at the Fotos y Recuerdos event at the LGBTQ-friendly Scandalo Nite Club. The LA-based performer Melissa Befierce will headline the show. Tickets start at $10. 9pm.
- Latin Night Tribute To Selena at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon | Friday, April 5 – Dance to “La Carcacha” when the LGBTQ-friendly Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon hosts a Selena tribute night with a live band performing her biggest hits. You can get VIP no line tickets online for $10. 9pm.
- Selena Night at Barbarella Houston | Thursday, April 11 – Dance to songs like “Baila Esta Cumbia” and “Como La Flor” when the Midtown nightclub, Barbarella, hosts a Selena-themed dance night along with a Selena-themed costume contest. Cover charge at the door. 9:30pm.
- Bidi Bidi Birthday with Siempre Selena at House of Blues | Friday, April 12 – Celebrate Selena Quintanilla’s birthday with a concert from the tribute band, Siempre Selena at House of Blues. Tickets start at $18. 7pm.
- Noche de Selena at Axelrad | Saturday, April 13 | No Cover – Remember the queen of Tejano music, Selena Quintanilla with live music and an art market at Axelrad in Midtown. 8pm.
- Celebrate Selena at The Rustic | Wednesday, April 24 | FREE with RSVP – Celebrate the life and music of Selena and put on your bustiers for a performance by Bidi Bidi Banda and a look-alike contest at The Rustic. 6pm to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).