Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, March 18 to Sunday, March 24, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
Let the Springtime roll with a nature walk for little ones, skate nights at Discovery Green, music made for Jedi’s, a magical show from an illusionist, a colorful festival, and so much more for the kids this week in Houston.
- Tyke Hike at Houston Arboretum | Monday, March 18 – Get outdoors and go exploring with your little one as you hit the stroller-friendly nature trails. Start with listening to a Naturalist during story time then complete an age-appropriate craft. 18 months to 3 years old. Tickets for non-members are $7 for children; the event is free for “Family Tree Members”. 9:30am and 10:30am.
- BINGO in the Biergarten at Karbach Brewing Co. | Monday, March 18 | FREE – Spend an evening with the family at Karbach Brewing Co. on the family-friendly patio yelling out BINGO. Try your luck at the game as the kiddos practice their numbers, letters, and yelling skills. 6pm.
- Cheap Skate Night at Discovery Green | Monday, March 18 – Roll into the week with an inexpensive evening gliding around The Rink at Discovery Green. Skate and save around the rink for just $8 per person on the first night of cheap skating. 7pm to 9pm.
- Grease Movie Screening at River Oaks Shopping Center | Wednesday, March 20 | FREE – Hopelessly devote a fun family night with your older kids at a special screening of Grease in the parking garage of Barnes and Noble in the River Oaks Shopping Center. The flick follows greaser Danny and his straight-laced love interest, Sandy, as they try to merge their very different worlds towards happily ever after. Rated PG-13. 7:30pm.
- Rice University Owls vs. UTSA at Reckling Park | Friday, March 22 – Cheer on the Owls as they pitch, run, and slide their way towards victory against UTSA. Fill up on peanuts cracker jacks as you take your seat on their home turf. All baseball fans are welcome. Tickets start at $15. 6:30pm.
- Star Wars: A New Hope in Concert at Jones Hall | Friday, March 22 to Sunday, March 24 – Hop aboard the Millennium Falcon as you fly to a land far, far away. Watch the classic movie starring Luke and Leia as the Houston Symphony performs the amazing original score live for the audience. Tickets start at $29. Showtimes vary.
- Ivan Amodei’s Secrets and Illusions at The Hobby Center | Saturday, March 23 – Be amazed when master illusionist Ivan Amodei takes you on an epic journey to discover the secrets of life in his brand new stage show, Secrets & Illusions, at the Hobby Center. Tour The Louvre as he uncovers some of life’s greatest secrets through famous works of art. Tickets start at $54. Performances are at 4pm and 8pm.
- 5th Annual Heights Kids’ Day Music Festival at Love Park | Saturday, March 23 | FREE – Treat the kids to a “petting zoo” of various musical instruments as they get a hands-on experience in music. They can also meet with a member of Opera in the Heights, hear live performances, the Joy of Drumming Tent, food and more. 10am to 2pm.
- Katy Taste Fest at Villagio Town Square | Saturday, March 23 – Bring the family out for a day of food and drink sampling, chef demonstrations, and live music. The Kid’s Zone will offer a bouncing good time for the little ones with bounce houses, face painting, snow cones and more. Tickets start at $15. 11am to 2pm.
- Houston Holi: The Festival of Color at Crown Festival Park in Sugar Land | Saturday, March 23- Celebrate the harvest season in India with food, music, and dance at the 12th annual Houston Holi: The Festival of Colors at Crown Festival Park in Sugar Land. You’ll leave there brighter than when you got there after a day bursting with colored powder, performances, yoga, and more. This year’s festival features headliner Mickey Singh. Tickets start at $12. Noon to 5pm.
- Sixth Annual Hermann Park Conservancy Kite Festival | Sunday, March 24 | FREE – Go fly a kite up to the highest point at Hermann Park. When you need a break from the kite flying, soak up the rest of the fun like live music, H-E-B Kid Zone, interactive activities, face painting, food trucks and more to keep everyone smiling. 10am to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).