Run, race, and root on the home team at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, March 18 through Sunday, March 24, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
This week, the Sabercats say farewell to their temporary stadium, the Rockets head into an age-old battle with the Spurs, and race fans hit the drag for a weekend of adrenaline-fueled excitement.
If you’re looking to participate, then Saturday morning offers two major run events in Houston and the surrounding area.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Sabercats vs. Utah Warriors at Constellation Field | Thursday, March 21 – The Sabercats rugby team scrums for one last time at Constellation Field in Sugar Land before their brand new Aveva Stadium opens in April. Tickets range from $10 to $95. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. San Antonio Spurs at Toyota Center | Friday, March 22 – Two teams recently on winning streaks go head-to-head in the I-10 rivalry. Tickets start at $39 but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- NHRA Texas Sportsman Challenge at Houston Raceway Park | Friday, March 22 through Sunday, March 24 – Bring a pair of earplugs for this rip-roaring, rubber-burning event that sees NHRA Lucas Oil Drag Racing Series drivers vie for points toward divisional and national championships, as well as a year-end purse of over a half-million dollars. Tickets start at $20, VIP admission are $30. Gates open at 8am.
- Run Houston at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, March 23 – The second event of this year’s five-race Run Houston! series sends runners around the home of the Houston Astros, as well as East Downtown, in 5K, 10K, and Kids 1K courses. Registration costs $50 for the 5K and 10K events; $30 for the Kids 1K, open to children 12 years and under. The first events begin at 7am.
- Katy Color Run at Kingsland Baptist Church | Saturday, March 23 – The third annual event peppers runners with colored corn starch as they take on a 5K or 10K course. A post-race party with food trucks, vendors, kids fun zone, and live entertainment caps off this run for a good cause. Registration is $15 for the Kid’s Color Dash; $30 for the 5K; $45 for the 10K. First events begin at 8am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).