Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 20 to Sunday, March 24, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Comedian TJ Miller at Houston Improv | Friday to Sunday – Experience the absurdist observational standup of TJ Miller when he performs live at Houston Improv. Miller has been diligently working to make people laugh for over fifteen years, and is driven by the altruistic mission statement that life is fundamentally tragic and the best thing he can do is provide ephemeral escapism with his comedy. Tickets start at $24. Times vary.
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Yappy Hour at Midtown Park | No Cover –
Enjoy a free, pet-friendly happy hour in Reliant Dog Park inside Midtown Park. This doggie play date features treats from Urban Tails, giveaways, contests, and prizes. 5:30pm to 7pm.
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Join Axelrad for their popular Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of the best Jazz musicians in Houston. 6:30pm.
- Amos Lee in Concert at Revention Music Center – The beloved folk, rock, and soul singer-songwriter, Amos Lee, brings his “My New Moon 2019 Tour” to Revention Music Center in Downtown for one night only. Ethan Gruska opens. Tickets are $30. Doors at 6:30pm; show at 7:30pm.
- HTXO Full Moon Hike at Memorial Park | FREE – Take an evening hike at a social pace and enjoy the moonlight when HTX Outdoors hosts their Full Moon Hike at Memorial Park. Free to attend, but you must RSVP. 7pm.
- A Bowie Celebration: The David Bowie Alumni Tour at The Heights Theater – Assembling several musicians that collaborated with the legendary David Bowie, this celebration of the chameleon-like icon includes many fan favorites of the late musician, played by those who knew him best. Tickets range from $48 to $352. 8pm.
- Kelly Doyle Trio in Concert at Under the Volcano – Guitarist Kelly Doyle and his backing band perform a live show at Under the Volcano in the Rice Village. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
Thursday, March 21, 2019
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH | No Cover – Browse the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and enjoy a cash bar, local DJ and grub from a local food truck. 5pm to 8pm.
- Throwback Thursday at The Rink at Discovery Green – Skate to the music you grew up with at Throwback Thursdays at The Rink: Rolling at Discovery Green. Dress in your best flashy disco fashion (you can skate with bellbottoms!) and groove under the disco ball to Diana Ross, Earth Wind and Fire, the Bee Gees, and more. Tickets are $10 regular admission; plus $4 for skate rentals. 7pm to 9pm.
- Slow Crush in Concert at Satellite Bar – Catch a set from the shoegaze band, Slow Crush with support from bands Astragal, Angel Aura, and Trauma Ray at Satellite Bar in the East End. Cover charge at the door. 7pm.
- Zodiac with DJ Sun at Axelrad | No Cover – Jam out as DJ Sun spins nothing but vinyl every third Thursday of the month at Axelrad beer garden. 8pm.
- George Perez at Houston Improv – Crack up at a show by the comedian, actor, and podcast host, George Perez, when he performs a stand-up show at the Improv. Tickets start at $20. 8pm.
- Electric Six in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The Detroit 6-piece rock band, Electric Six performs a live show at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $10. 8pm.
- Rad City Thursdays at Present Company | No Cover – Jam out to nothing but ’80s tunes when DJ Fredster spings at the Montrose bar, Present Company. 9pm.
- Last Nite: The Strokes Themed Dance Party at The Secret Group | No Cover – Hear all of your favorite hits by The Strokes like “You Only Live Once” and “Hard to Explain” at the Last Nite dance night at The Secret Group. 9pm.
Friday, March 22, 2019
- Art N Fashion at Glade Gallery | No Cover – Scope out a New York-themed fashion show while you enjoy hors d’oeuvres, martinis, and champagne, then win giveaways and raffle prizes at Art N Fashion. Hosted by the Glade Arts Foundation, Art N Fashion benefits five local non-profit organizations. 6pm to 11pm.
- Opening Reception: Earth, Wind & Future at Cindy Lisica Gallery | No Cover – Cindy Lisica Gallery presents a solo exhibition of the newest oil on canvas paintings by Nicaraguan artist Javier Valle Pérez in Earth, Wind & Future. 6pm to 8:30pm.
- A Kitschy Evening at Lawndale Art Center – Experience an interactive affair, complete with collaborative artwork, cocktails, and festive fare during A Kitschy Evening at Lawndale Art Center. For the event, artists will come together to create kitsch-themed collaborations to raise funds for the center, which acts as a contemporary art space that’s free and open to the public. Tickets are $200. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Mudhoney in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The Seattle-based alternative rock band, Mudhoney, performs live at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $27. 8pm.
- Excision in Concert at Revention Music Center – Hit the dance floor when EDM artist Excision takes the stage for a live show at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $45. Doors at 8pm. Show at 9pm.
- Tiesto at Spire Houston – The Dutch DJ and record producer, Tiesto spins at the Spire Houston nightclub in Downtown. Tickets start at $70. 10pm.
- Les Femmes DJs at The Dive – The Texas-based all-female DJ collective, Les Femmes hosts a DJ night at The Dive with special guest DJ Shanté. Cover charge at the door. Ladies get in free before 11pm. 10pm.
Saturday, March 23, 2019
- Houston Holi: The Festival of Colors at Crown Festival Park – Celebrate the harvest season in India with food, music, and dance at the 12th annual Houston Holi: The Festival of Colors at Crown Festival Park in Sugar Land. Tickets are $12 and $15 the day of. Noon to 5pm.
- Depop Houston Market at ARKA Art | No Cover – Online clothing sales app Depop is hosting its first pop-up sale in Houston, offering sustainable fashions, vintage ware, and custom clothing by Houston-based Depop shops. 1pm to 6pm.
- Artísticas Fest at Wonky Power Live | No Cover – Artísticas Fest celebrates their one year anniversary with an art festival that showcases Latina artists, performers, and creatives at Wonky Power Live. 3pm.
- Ivan Amodei’s Secrets & Illusions at The Hobby Center – Be amazed when master illusionist Ivan Amodei takes you on an epic journey to discover the secrets of life in his brand new stage show, Secrets & Illusions, at the Hobby Center. Tickets start at $54. There will be a show at 4pm and 8pm.
- Mark C. Austin’s Birthday Charity Concert at The Heights Theater – Make your way to The Heights Theatre for a special birthday party and concert celebrating the 42nd birthday of Houston’s own Mark C. Austin. This celebration includes live music from the New Orleans-based Dumpstaphunk, one of funkiest bands to ever arise from the Crescent City. Tickets range from $18 to $288. 7pm.
- Shake, Stir, Sip: A Craft Cocktail Experience at Silver Street Studios – Treat yourself to a fun unique cocktail fest at Shake Stir Sip, an international touring cocktail experience based in Houston and curated with award-winning mixologists. Tickets start at $55. 7pm to 11pm.
- Muddfest 2019 at Warehouse Live – Muddfest returns with a live show by headliners Puddle of Mudd, Saliva, and Trapt, along with opening acts Saving Abel and Tantric at Warehouse Live. Tickets start at $25. 7pm.
- Bombón presents Wepa! at Henke & Pillot – Hear a diverse selection of Latin and Caribbean music from DJs Act Badd, Deltatron, Hype Turner, Chamba and more at Henke & Pillot in Downtown. Cover charge at the door. Ladies get in free before 11pm. 7pm.
- Bayou City Funk in Concert at Cottonwood Houston – Hear a mix of deep funk, soul, and jazz when the band, Bayou City Funk performs a live show at Cottonwood Houston. Cover charge at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- Camila & Sin Bandera in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Camila, Mexico’s premier pop/rock duo, and Latin Pop legends, Sin Bandera, join forces to share the stage for the first time with their “4 Latidos Tour” at Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land. Tickets start at $70. 7:30pm.
- Death Grips in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The cathartic rapping of MC Ride along with bombastic and intricate drumming by Zach Hill combine to form one of the most innovative industrial hip-hop groups of the last decade, Death Grips. Watch them perform live at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $25. 8pm.
- Monique Heart of RuPaul’s Drag Race at Rich’s Houston – New York-based drag queen, Monique Heart, most known for competing on the 10th season of RuPaul’s Drag Race and making it to the finale of RuPaul’s Drag Race All Stars 4 performs a live show at Rich’s Houston. Tickets range from $15 to $25. 10pm.
Sunday, March 24, 2019
- Beers & Art at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. | No Cover – Sip on a local beer while shopping for local art, vintage clothes, and artisans at the Shop Local market at Saint Arnold Brewery. 11am to 4pm.
- The Martinez Brothers & Shiba San at Clé Houston – The DJ duo The Martinez Brothers spin with support from DJ and producer Shiba San at Clé Houston in Midtown. Tickets are $20. 2pm to 8pm.
- BCO “Hairy” Happy Hour at Cottonwood Houston | No Cover – Bring your pup to happy hour at Cottonwood and learn more about the event, adventure, and social club, Bayou City Outdoors. 3pm to 5pm.
- Spring Concert Series at Brenner’s on the Bayou | No Cover – Brenner’s on the Bayou hosts their Spring Concert Series with a new live band and drink specials every week at their Blue Bar. 3pm.
- Sunday Karaoke at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Sing till your heart’s content when the LGBTQ-friendly bar and venue, Guava Lamp hosts their Sunday Karaoke night. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).