Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, March 11 to Sunday, March 17, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
Root for the Rockets when they play a basketball game against the reigning champs; celebrate the birthday of one of Houston’s hottest breweries; get the party started with green beer and Irish music galore at one of several Saint Patrick’s Day festivities around town; take a bike ride through the city in support of local reforestation; see a live show by country music legend George Strait and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo 2019 at NRG Park | Daily – Dust off your boots and head to NRG for the Rodeo, complete with carnival rides, rodeo competitions and fried food, as well as nightly concerts from acts like Luke Bryan, Cardi B, Turnpike Troubadours, and Panic! at the Disco. Rodeo grounds passes for entry into NRG Park start at $15; $5 for kids. Tickets for rodeo competitions and concerts inside NRG Stadium start around $20 for most shows and include entry into NRG Park. You may also find sold out, cheaper, or better seats on the ticket resale marketplace. 8am to 9pm daily.
- Houston Rodeo: Santana in Concert at NRG Stadium | Wednesday, March 13 – See a live concert by legendary artist Santana when he brings his unique blend of jazz, salsa, and Latin-infused rock to headline the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 13 – Root for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the six-time championship-winners, the Golden State Warriors, at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $79, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 5pm.
- The Avett Brothers in Concert at Revention Music Center | Thursday, March 14 – Sing along to a selection of folk-rock songs like “I and Love and You,” and “No Hard Feelings” when the Avett Brothers take the stage at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $49.50, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- One Night of Queen at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, March 15 | FREE – Experience a note-for-note recreation of a live concert by the legendary rock group, Queen, when Gary Mullen & The Works perform hits like “Bohemian Rhapsody,” “We Are The Champions,” and “Another One Bites The Dust” for One Night of Queen at Miller Outdoor Theatre. 8pm.
- St. Patrick’s Day Events Around Houston | Saturday, March 16 and St. Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17 – Wear green or prepare to be pinched at a variety of St. Patrick’s Day Events happening around the city. You can watch the 60th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade in Downtown, drink green beer during a themed bar crawl, chow down on Irish food, listen to live music and more. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- 6th Annual Celebr8tion of Beer at 8th Wonder Brewery | Saturday, March 16 – Wish a happy birthday to EaDo’s 8th Wonder Brewery as they celebrate six years in business. In honor of the occasion, they’ll host a birthday bash complete with beer, food trucks, and live music. Tickets start at $35 in advance; $45 at the door. 2pm to 10pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 16 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play the Whitecaps in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 2pm.
- 60th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade At Market Square Park | Saturday, March 16 | FREE – Wear green and cheer loud as marching bands, decorative floats, and various performers parade through the streets of Downtown in the sixtieth annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, which kicks off at Sesquicentennial Park, and ends with a celebratory party and concert at Market Square Park. Noon to 1:30pm.
- Tour de Houston at Hermann Square | St. Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17 – Hop on a bike and cruise through a 20-, 40-, or 60-mile route around the Bayou City in the annual Tour de Houston ride, which raises funds for the city’s reforestation efforts. Registration is $40 for riders 13 and older until March 17; $20 for kids 12 and under. 6am.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Jack & Ginger’s Irish Pub | St. Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17 | No Cover – Celebrate St. Patty’s Day with the folks at Jack & Ginger’s Irish Pub, who will offer live music with bagpipes, DJs and more, plus green beer, and plenty of food. Doors open at 10am; live music from noon to 2am.
- George Strait, with Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen at Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG Stadium | St. Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17 – Legendary country artist George Strait returns to the Houston rodeo for a live, concert-only performance to close out the three-week event. He’ll be joined by fellow country western stars Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen. Tickets for this concert are sold out, but you may still be able to find hard-to-get tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).