Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, March 11 to Sunday, March 17, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
Spend the extra days off with kids having a blast all over town at Discovery Green, The Children’s Museum, PAW Patrol Live!, local parks and more this Spring Break week.
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- FUNomenal Spring Break at Discovery Green | Starting Monday, March 11| FREE – Spring Break at Discovery Green is loaded with exciting family fun. Choose from science shows, foam parties, yoga classes, poetry classes, or come and do it all. Open every week day of Spring Break from 9:30am to 4pm.
- Spring Break at Bayou Bend | Monday, March 11 to Friday, March 15 – Visit Bayou Bend Collection and Gardens during Spring Break for plenty of children’s activities. Grab a passport when you get there that is filled with fun that showcases the blooming flowers and budding trees in the gardens, as well as the collection of art and artifacts in the historic house. Tickets for children 9 and under are free; ages 10 to 18 are $6.25; seniors over 65 are $11; adults are $12.50. 10am to 4pm.
- Spring Break Spectacular at Blessington Farms | Starts Monday, March 11 – Jump on into Spring with a spectacular week of events at Blessington Farms. Pick your own strawberries, visit with farm animals, bounce on the jump pad, climb Tire Mountain, go Gem Mining and more. Pack a picnic and make a day of it. Tickets for 24 months and under are free; $20 entry for everyone else, additional fees for feeding animals. 10am to 5pm.
- Spring Break at Levy Park | Monday, March 11 to Friday, March 15 | FREE – Kickoff Spring Break week with a little something for everyone at Levy Park. Activities include bingo, story time, piano play, table tennis, crafting and more. Food trucks will be available from 10am to 5pm; Coffee Q will be open from 6am to 5pm. 10am to 5pm daily.
- Spring Break at The Ranch: Family Challenge at George Ranch Historical Park | Tuesday, March 12 to Saturday, March 16 – Put on your best pioneer thinking hats as you travel back in time to have an exciting time at George Ranch Historical Park during Spring Break. In addition to gathering up eggs from chickens, cooking with a wood burning stove and making your own home, you can participate in a family challenge. Participants will be entered into a contest for a stay at the 1860s Ryon Prairie Home. Included with general museum admission. 9am to 5pm.
- Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day at The MATCH | Wednesday, March 13 to Saturday, March 16 – Poor Alexander is having a rough start to his day and it only gets worse from there. This lovable story shows kids that it is okay to share their feelings no matter what. Recommended for Kindergarten aged and up. Tickets start at $20. Showtimes are 11am and 2pm.
- Family Wednesday at Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo | Wednesday, March 13 – Save some money and spend some extra time at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo with discounted rides, games, and food. Also, children under 12 and adults over 60 will gain free entry into AGventure and Kid Country fun. Tickets to the rodeo and concert are just $5 more than general admission for upper-level seating. 8am to close.
- Pi Day Pi(e) Fight at Children’s Museum of Houston | Thursday, March 14 – Celebrate the infinite, non-repeating number 3.14 with a giant shaving cream fight at Children’s Museum of Houston. The street will be shut down for an all-out shaving cream throwing adventure for kids 8 and up. This event requires registration in advance and space is limited. 2pm.
- FUNfetti Fridays at The Rink at Discovery Green | Friday, March 15 – Skate into the night under the Houston skyline at Discovery Green. Jam to music with family or friends as you swirl and smile on a Friday night. Tickets are $10 regular admission; $4 skate rentals. 7pm to 10pm.
- One Night of Queen at Miller Outdoor Theatre | Friday, March 15 | FREE – Miller Outdoor Theatre opens their 2019 season with an exhilarating performance honoring Queen, One Night of Queen. Featuring Gary Muller as Freddie Mercury and The Works as his backing band, fans of Queen can hear favorites like “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “We Will Rock You”, “Another One Bites the Dust” and many more. 8pm.
- PAW Patrol Live! at Hobby Center | Friday, March 15 to Sunday, March 17 – Catch Chase, Skye, and all of their doggy buddies during a live stage show of PAW Patrol Live! All the heroic pirate pup friends will go on an adventure to save the day by finding the pirate treasure before Mayor Humdinger finds it first. Tickets start at $27. Showtimes vary.
- 3rd Annual Woodlands Shamrock Shindig at Town Green Park in The Woodlands | Saturday, March 16th – Go Irish as you celebrate the all things green holiday with the family at Town Green Park. Kids will fare well at the Kid Zone as well as listening to bagpipers, and seeing Irish dancers. Tickets are $5. Noon to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).