Lasso your seats to these live shows and concerts around Houston from Monday, March 11 through Sunday, March 17, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
The Rodeo begins to wrap up this week and is packed with major headlining talent from the world of rock and country, including one of George Strait’s only Texas performances for the year.
At other venues across town, you’ll find sought after pop talent and rising voices on the R&B scene from the United States and abroad.
Top 15 Live Shows & Concerts in Houston This Week
- Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo Concerts at NRG Stadium | Daily – The Rodeo concert series continues into its final week, starting with Grammy-winning country group Zac Brown Band on Monday, Kings of Leon on Tuesday, legendary guitarist Santana on Wednesday, Chris Stapleton on Thursday, Cody Johnson on Friday, popular country artist Brad Paisley on Saturday, and a George Strait, Lyle Lovett, and Robert Earl Keen closer on Sunday. Tickets start around $20 but many of these shows are expected to approach sell-outs so you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Concerts to start around 9pm.
- One OK Rock, with Waterparks, Stand Atlantic at House of Blues | Monday, March 11 – The Tokyo-based alt-rock group makes a rare stop stateside in support of their mid-February release, Eye of the Storm. They’ll be supported by Houston’s own Waterparks. Tickets are $29.99. 7:30pm.
- Failure, with Swervedriver at Warehouse Live | Thursday, March 14 – Defying expectations of genre, these two ’90s bands have reunited in recent years, adding to their growing catalogs of music with heavily textured alt-rock that blends several other subgenres. Tickets are $33 in advance; $36 day of the show, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 8pm.
- The Avett Brothers at Revention Music Center | Thursday, March 14 – The genre-blending group led by Seth and Scott Avett are known for a signature sound of folk, indie rock, and bluegrass, delivering toe-tapping performances across the country. Tickets start at $49. 8pm.
- Ice Cube at House of Blues | Thursday, March 14 – Hot off releasing his tenth studio album last December, Everythang’s Corrupt, the rapper-actor-producer-screenwriter known as Ice Cube arrives in Houston for a hype-filled show. Tickets start at $50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 9pm.
- Catfish and the Bottlemen at House of Blues | Friday, March 15 – The Welsh indie rock group arrives in the States for a tour supporting their long-awaited third studio album, The Balance, due for release in April. Tickets range from $30 to $49.50. 7pm.
- DVSN, with Summer Walker at Revention Music Center | Friday, March 15 – The R&B duo continue to tour on the back of Morning After, their 2017 release under Drake’s record label, OVO Sound. Tickets range from $45 to $130, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Switchfoot, with Colony House, Tyson Motsenbocker at House of Blues | Saturday, March 16 – Ten years after winning a Grammy for their 2009 rock release, Hello Hurricane, Switchfoot embarks on a tour to promote their eleventh studio album, Native Tongue, released in mid-January. Tickets are $35.
- George Strait, with Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen at Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG Stadium | Sunday, March 17 – The country music icon, George Strait, aligns with two other Texas country legends in Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen for a special concert-only performance at Rodeo Houston in what will be Strait’s 30th appearance and one of his only 2019 concerts in Texas. Tickets are sold out, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).