Dunk on a boring calendar with tickets to these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, March 11 through Sunday, March 17, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
The Rockets dominate this week’s calendar as the season begins to wrap up ahead of a difficult playoff run.
Houstonians also have a chance to strap on their helmets and explore the city with up to a 60-mile ride in the annual Tour de Houston cycle event.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Rockets vs. Charlotte Hornets at Toyota Center | Monday, March 11 – As one of the hottest teams in the league, the Houston Rockets are barreling through the competition on their way to a top seed in the NBA playoffs. With the season beginning to wrap up, seats to this game against an Eastern opponent vying for a playoff seed of their own might make for one of the best value tickets for the remainder of the season. Tickets range from $15 to over $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 13 – The final matchup of the regular season between these teams promises to be a thrilling addition to what’s become a highly competitive rivalry in recent seasons, studded with some of basketball’s greatest players ever. Tickets range from $72 to over $500 and are expected to sell out, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 16 – After missing last season’s playoffs, both teams will be looking to get their seasons off on the right foot at this weekend afternoon match in Week 3. Tickets range from $24 to over $50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 2pm.
- Tour de Houston at Hermann Square at City Hall | Sunday, March 17 – The annual bike ride sends cyclists down one of three routes in 20-, 40-, and 60-mile lengths, offering new views of Houston on two wheels. This fundraising ride for the city’s reforestation efforts is perfect for casual and enthusiast riders alike. Helmets are required. Registration is $40 for riders 13 and older until March 17; $20 for kids 12 and under. Check-in starts at 6am, with the first riding event at 7:30am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Minnesota Timberwolves at Toyota Center | Sunday, March 17 – The Timberwolves may be outside the playoff picture, but Karl Anthony-Towns has been turning in eye-popping performances nonetheless. They’ll face a Houston team stacked with fresh talent ahead of the looming playoffs. Tickets start at $18 but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).