Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 13 to Saint Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Ku Egenti at Joke Joint Comedy Showcase | Thursday to Saturday – A Nigerian raised in Houston, Ku Egenti is an observational comedian who talks about family, relationships, and life as a Nigerian American. He is bringing his hard-hitting material to the Joke Joint Comedy Showcase during spring break with five shows at the Joke Joint Comedy Showcase. Tickets start at $11 for the Thursday show. Friday shows are both $14; Saturday shows are both $18. Times vary.
- Mexican Taco Pizza & Craft Beer Pairing Dinner Special at Your Pie in Downtown | Friday and Saturday – Savor tasty Cerveza Urbana and Rrëy beers while you munch on taco-inspired pizza pairings. Each diner gets four 4oz pours of delicious Mexican beers, each paired with a slice from a ten-inch taster pizza, plus a free pint glass while supplies last. $20. 5pm to 11pm both nights.
- St. Patrick’s Day Events and Celebrations Around Houston | Friday to Sunday – Check our all of our picks for St. Patrick’s Day (and St. Patrick’s Eve and St. Patrick’s Eve Eve) shenanigans.
- St. Patrick’s Weekend at Lucky’s Pub West | Saturday and Sunday – Lucky’s Pub West hosts their 2-day St. Patrick’s Day Weekend parking lot party with live music, DJs, crawfish, a photo booth, and plenty of green beer. No cover on Saturday; $10 cover charge on Sunday. 10am.
Wednesday, March 13, 2019
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Join Axelrad for their popular Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of the best Jazz musicians in Houston. 6:30pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Santana in Concert at NRG Stadium – Legendary Latin rock and roll guitarist, Santana headlines the night’s rodeo competitions and festivities in NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- You Me at Six in Concert at House of Blues – The English rock band, You Me at Six performs a live show at House of Blues at Downtown. Tickets are $20. Doors at 7pm. Show at 8pm.
- Let the Good Times Roll Date Night at The Rink at Discovery Green – Bring the target of your affections to Date Night at The Rink and skate under the stars. Send your song requests via Twitter or Instagram using #DGDJ and your special jam might get played. Tickets are $10 regular admission; plus $4 for skate rentals. 7pm to 9pm.
- Her’s in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch a live performance from the Liverpool-based indie band, Her’s with support from Sara King at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $12. 8pm.
Thursday, March 14, 2019
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH | No Cover – Browse the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and enjoy a cash bar, local DJ and grub from a local food truck. 5pm to 8pm.
- Cultured Cocktails benefiting MantecaHTX at Bar Boheme | No Cover – Mix and mingle when Fresh Arts host a happy hour at Bar Boheme in Montrose to benefit MantecaHTX, an organization that connects interested audiences with Latinx artists in Houston. 5pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Chris Stapleton in Concert at NRG Stadium – Kentucky native and country artist, Chris Stapleton headlines the evening’s rodeo festivities inside NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Bingo Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Try your luck for a chance to win prizes at Under the Radar Brewery’s Bingo Night in their beer garden. Free to play. 7pm.
- Michael Carbonaro at Smart Financial Centre – Watch in awe as magician and performance bizarrist Michael Carbonaro performs a slew of comically perplexing magic tricks, as seen on his TV series, The Carbonaro Effect on truTV. Tickets start at $40, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market.7:30pm.
- The Avett Brothers in Concert at Revention Music Center – The genre-blending group, The Avett Brothers, led by Seth and Scott Avett are known for a signature sound of folk, indie rock, and bluegrass, delivering toe-tapping performances across the country. Watch them perform live at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $49. 8pm.
- Thursday Pop-up with Chefs Andrew Musico & Rog Villarosa at Glitter Karaoke | No Cover – Chef Andrew Musico and Rog Villarosa, known for their dishes at Aqui, hosts a pop-up special menu at Glitter Karaoke in Midtown. Menu items prices vary. 8pm.
- Ice Cube in Concert at House of Blues – Jam out to music from rapper, writer, and actor Ice Cube, when he brings his touring concert to Houston at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $50. 9pm.
- Say My Name in Concert at Stereo Live Houston – Watch a live set from the Los Angeles-based trap and hip hop artist, Say My Name at the Stereo Live Houston nightclub. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
Friday, March 15, 2019
- Opening Reception: Photography at its Limits at Houston Center for Photography | No Cover – Enjoy the opening reception of the latest exhibition, Photography at its Limits featuring artists, Marcos Lopez, Joiri Minaya, Oscar Muñoz at Houston Center for Photography. 5:30pm to 8pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Cody Johnson in Concert NRG Stadium – Texas country artist Cody Johnson headlines the night’s rodeo festivities on the final Friday of the 2019 Houston Live Stock Show & Rodeo. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- DIY Himmeli Planter with Air Plants Craft Class at Flatland Gallery – Craft your very own Himmeli Planter at this DIY workshop hosted by Pop Shop America at Flatland Gallery. You can enjoy light bites from Brasil, as well as a free cocktail while creating your planter out of thin, copper tubing, and then select a plant to display inside. Tickets are $36. 7pm to 9pm.
- Catfish and The Bottlemen in Concert at House of Blues – The Welsh indie rock band, Catfish and The Bottlemen perform a live show at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $30. 8pm.
- One Night of Queen at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Miller Outdoor Theatre opens their 2019 season with an exhilarating performance honoring Queen, One Night of Queen. Featuring Gary Muller as Freddie Mercury and The Works as his backing band, fans of Queen can hear favorites like “Bohemian Rhapsody”, “We Will Rock You”, “Another One Bites the Dust” and many more. 8pm.
- DVSN in Concert at Revention Music Center – The R&B duo, DVSN continue to tour on the back of Morning After, their 2017 release under Drake’s record label, OVO Sound. Tickets range from $45 to $130, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Jason Ross in Concert at Spire Houston – The Los Angeles-based EDM artist, Jason Ross, performs a live set at the Spire Houston nightclub in Downtown. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
Saturday, March 16, 2019
- Griff’s Irish Crawfish & Shrimp Boil at Griff’s Irish Pub | No cover – Pregame for St. Paddy’s with a day of green beer, Irish whisky, Irish crawfish and shrimp, and Zydeco music at Griff’s first ever Irish boil. There will be music by Zydeco Creole, the Green Brothers Band, and the Velostacks. Noon to 2am.
- 3rd Annual Woodlands Shamrock Shindig at Town Green Park – Channel your inner Irishman at the third Annual Woodlands Shamrock Shindig in Town Green Park, where you can enjoy live music, bagpipers, Irish dancers, and of course, green beer. Shopping, a kids zone, and food trucks will also be available. $5, , but limited discounted comped (you only pay ticketing fees) and $2.50 tickets are available. Noon to 9pm.
- Luck of the Irish St. Paddy’s Bar Crawl in Midtown – Don your green and head on a daytime pub crawl through some of Midtown’s favorite haunts. Starting at the Dogwood, you’ll get a wristband, list of participating venues, maps to their locations, and also a whopping set of St. Patrick’s drink specials. $11.17, but limited discounted $5 tickets may be available. Noon to 9pm.
- 6th Annual Celebr8tion of Beer at 8th Wonder Brewery – 8th Wonder is turning six, and it’s throwing a rain-or-shine birthday bash complete with live music, food trucks, and plenty of fun. Tickets for general admission are $35 in advance; $45 at the door include four beer tokens and a limited-edition pint glass. 2pm to 10pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Brad Paisley in Concert at NRG Stadium – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo present the award-winning country artist, Brad Paisley in concert at NRG Park as part of their 2019 rodeo lineup. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 2:45pm.
- Light Circus Spring Break Concert 2019 at Karbach Brewing Co – Get the party started, Spring Break-style, when Karbach Brewing co-hosts an epic concert and light show featuring headliners Ghostland Observatory, Wild Moccasins, and DJ Neon Indian. Early bird tickets start at $22.31. 6pm to 11pm.
- Switchfoot in Concert at House of Blues – The alternative rock band from San Diego, California, Switchfoot, performs a live show at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $35. 7:15pm.
- Laura Jane Grace and The Devouring Mothers in Concert at Warehouse Live – The punk rock singer and frontwoman for Against Me!, Laura Jane Grace performs a live show at Warehouse Live. Tickets are $20 in advance; $23 at the door. 7:30pm.
- Donna Missal in Concert at House of Blues – The indie-alternative singer-songwriter from New Jersey, Donna Missal, performs a live show at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $16.50. 8pm.
- Beats on Beats at Axelrad | No Cover – Head to Axelrad in Midtown for Beats on Beats, an event that explores diverse electronic sounds from beatmakers & experimental producers. 9pm.
Saint Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17, 2019
- 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival 2019 at Lucky’s Pub Downtown | St. Patrick’s Day, Sunday, March 17 – Lucky’s Pub and 94.5 The Buzz and present the 12th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival in EaDo. Wear green and enjoy three stages of live music, costumes, food trucks, and plenty of green beer as the party spills out into the street. There will also be a live morning taping of the Rod Ryan Show, leprechauns and bagpipers, and more. Tickets range from $10 to $100; no cover if you arrive before noon. 9am to 2am.
- 54th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Festival at Griff’s Irish Pub – Celebrate all things Irish at Houston’s oldest sports bar, tucked away in Montrose. There will be green beer, Irish libations, Irish dancers, live music, DJs, Irish food, and more. $5 in advance; TBD at the door. 10am to 2am.
- St. Patrick’s Day Celebration at Jack & Ginger’s Irish Pub | No Cover – The Irish pub will host its first annual St. Patrick’s Day celebration, featuring an exciting live music lineup of bagpipes, DJs and more, plus all kinds of shenanigans in the blocked off parking lot. 10am.
- St. Patrick’s Day Party at Saint Arnold Brewery | No Cover – Feel the luck of the Irish at Saint Arnold’s annual St. Patrick’s Day party, complete with live music, beer games, special stout beers, commemorative glassware, and the annual Donegal Beard Growing Competition. 11am to 6pm.
- 5th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Bash at Capitol Bar – Capitol Bar in Midtown has been recognized as one of the Houston’s best Sunday Funday spots for almost six years. Cover charge TBD, but there’s no cover if you arrive before 6pm. 6pm to 2am.
- Houston Rodeo: George Strait with Lyle Lovett & Robert Earl Keen in Concert at NRG Stadium – The 2019 Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo wraps up its season with a special, concert-only evening featuring award-winning legendary country artist, George Strait, joined by special guests Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen at NRG Stadium. Tickets for this concert are sold out, but you may still be able to find hard-to-get tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).