Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Located in the northwest side of the Greater Heights, Shady Acres is becoming one of the city’s hottest neighborhoods, offering a mix of old bungalows and new townhomes, and plenty of places where you can get your drink on.
The Best Bars in Shady Acres
- Bungalow Heights – This sleek indoor/outdoor bungalow bar is a much-welcome addition to the neighborhood, offering elevated pub grub with a side of beer, wine, and cocktails. Get your fill of drinks as you share plates of sticky ribs, waffle fry nachos, and bbq chicken flatbread; dig into tuna poke, boss burgers, and street tacos; and check out specials like Thursday’s Steak & Chop Night. Click here for directions.
- Cedar Creek Bar & Grill – Transport yourself to Hill Country at this laidback patio bar, which rocks ample indoor and outdoor space, a full lineup of crafts, wines, and liquors, and pub grub in the form of piggy cheese fries, loaded burgers, and frickles (yep, that’s fried pickles). Look out for weekly specials, including Monday and Thursday Steak Nights, Texas Tuesdays, and Whiskey Wednesday. Click here for directions.
- King’s BierHaus – Say “prost!” with a liter of bier at this popular biergarden and restaurant. Click here for directions. The German brews are perfect for washing down schnitzel, traditional and exotic bratwurst, and giant bier pretzels dipped in bier cheese. But you can also quench your thirst with handcrafted cocktails and frozens, a roster of schnapps, and wines on draft. Click here for directions.
- McIntyre’s – Grab a swing and perhaps a sangria on tap at this fun-loving neighborhood hotspot. The bar hosts food trucks, 49 TVs, and a swing set in addition to a roster of drinks—from drafts, cans, and bottles to wines, whiskeys, and inspired cocktails. Daily specials include Tuesday Steak Night and Rock and Roll Bingo, Wine Wednesdays, and weekday happy hour. Click here for directions.
- Wicklow Heights – This trendy nightlife spot boasts a popular backyard patio complete with string lights, heat lamps, picnic tables, and seating. Stop by to check out the $8 Cocktail of the Day—an Old Fashioned on Monday, Paloma on Tuesday, Dark & Stormy on Wednesday, Seasonal Skinny Mule on Thursday, and French $75 on Friday; and don’t miss Steak Night on Wednesdays. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in Shady Acres
Sip Abitas on the sprawling patio at The Boot; get full on dive bar vibes at Big Star Bar; play board games alongside drinks at Tea + Victory; chill out at neighborhood sports bar Providence Heights; and sip craft suds at Eureka Heights Brewing Company.