Make the most of your week with our top 16 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, March 4 to Sunday, March 10, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
Taste the culinary creations of some of Houston’s top chefs; hop into a canoe or kayak and row your way down Buffalo Bayou; celebrate Go Tejano Day at the Houston rodeo with a concert from Los Tigres del Norte; catch a comedy show by Girl With No Job, aka Claudia Oshry; root for the Rockets in a heated game against the 76ers and more.
Top 16 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo 2019 at NRG Park | Daily – Dust off your boots and head to NRG for the Rodeo, complete with carnival rides, rodeo competitions and fried food, as well as nightly concerts from acts like Tim McGraw, Zedd, Kane Brown, and Los Tigres del Norte. Rodeo grounds passes for entry into NRG Park start at $15; $5 for kids. Tickets for rodeo competitions and concerts inside NRG Stadium start around $20 for most shows and include entry into NRG Park. You may also find sold out, cheaper, or better seats on the ticket resale marketplace. 8am to 9pm daily.
- Fat Tuesday at Mardi Gras Galveston – Close out your Mardi Gras festivities with a bang as The Krewe of Aquarius presents its Fat Tuesday Parade. Ticket prices vary. 6:30pm.
- Anastasia at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Tuesday, March 5 to Sunday, March 10 – Enjoy a moving performance of the children’s classic, Anastasia, when the story is brought to life at Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Filled with music and adventure, the story follows a young woman in 1920s Russia as she uncovers the mystery of her past. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Wiz Khalifa, with Curren$y at House of Blues | Wednesday, March 6 – Jam out to hits like “Black and Yellow” and “Young, Wild & Free” when the rapper, singer, and songwriter Wiz Khalifa performs a live show at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $45, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Tony Robbins and Kevin O’Leary Live Houston at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 6 and Thursday, March 7– Unleash the power within at this two-day conference with the world-famous motivational speaker, Tony Robbins, and Shark Tank investor Kevin O’Leary. Starting on Wednesday, the event will showcase a lineup of successful professionals offering personal stories and strategies on how to reach your full potential. Tickets start at $98, plus fees. 8am to 6pm.
- The Catastrophic Theatre presents Bootycandy at MATCH | Thursday, March 7 to Sunday, March 10 – Follow the story of a gay black man as he explores the space between pain and pleasure throughout Robert O’Hara’s bold, social satire, Bootycandy. Tickets are pay-what-you-can, with a suggested price of $40. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Rodeo: Tim McGraw in Concert at NRG Stadium | Thursday, March 7 – Don your western wear and head to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo for a concert by the award-winning country artist, Tim McGraw, who headlines the Sunday show at NRG Stadium. Arrive early to watch cowboys, cowgirls, and the crowd favorite muttin’ busters compete in a series of rodeo competitions. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 3:45pm to 10pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Philadelphia 76ers at Toyota Center | Friday, March 8 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the 76ers at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $38, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- 47th Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta at Allen’s Landing | Saturday, March 9 – Race down 15 miles of the scenic Buffalo Bayou via kayak or canoe in the 46th annual Buffalo Bayou Regatta. Then, celebrate at the finish line with live zydeco music and food and drinks available for purchase. $50. 7am to 2pm.
- 2nd Annual Kolache Factory 5K in the Energy Corridor | Saturday, March 9 – Take your marks and get set to complete the Kolache Factory Challenge in the Energy Corridor. In this unique event, runners will race through a 3.5-mile course, stopping 1.5 miles in to scarf down three tasty pastries before continuing on to the finish line. Registration costs $44.75. 8:30am to 10am.
- 22nd Annual Irish Cook-off and Music Festival at Griff’s | Saturday, March 9 | No Cover – Get in the spirit of Saint Patrick’s Day with this annual Irish cook-off and music festival at Griff’s Irish Pub. Competitors will serve up everything from stews and chilis to desserts and chicken-based dishes, all while listening to music from Snit’s Dog and Pony Show and Spin City. Noon to 7pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Montreal Impact at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 9 – Cheer on the Dynamo as they play the Impact in a home game at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 4pm.
- Harvest Green’s Chef Fest at Harvest Green Village Farm | Sunday, March 10 – Ten of Houston’s top local chefs, including Indianola’s Paul Lewis, Patrick Feges of Feges BBQ, and Johnny Rhodes of Indigo, will come together to showcase their own culinary creations at Harvest Green’s Chef Fest at Harvest Green Village Farm. Tickets start at $95. Noon to 4pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Go Tejano Day with Los Tigres del Norte in Concert at NRG Stadium | Sunday, March 10 – Round up your friends and head to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo for a concert by Los Tigres del Norte, who headlines the Go Tejano Day show at NRG Stadium. Arrive early to watch cowboys, cowgirls, and the crowd favorite muttin’ busters compete in a series of rodeo competitions. Tickets start at $18, but you may be able to find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 3:45pm.
- 4th Annual Pup Crawl at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center | Sunday, March 10 – Bring your four-legged friend to Saint Arnold’s fourth annual Pup Crawl at Houston Arboretum & Nature Center, where you’ll visit four stops along the nature trail, each offering beer for you with water and goodies for your companion. Proceeds benefit the Arboretum and BARC. $30. 4pm to 10pm.
- Claudia Oshry at Houston Improv | Sunday, March 10 – Toasters rejoice as the face behind the hilarious Twitter account, @girlwithnojob, and co-host of the Morning Toast podcast and youtube show, Claudia Oshry, brings her premium content to The Improv for a two-night slot. Tickets start at $35. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).