Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, March 6 to Sunday, March 10, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in March 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Comedian Joey Coco Diaz at Houston Improv | Thursday, March 7 to Saturday, March 9 – Experience Joey Coco Diaz’s raw-style comedy when the actor, podcaster and stand up comedian performs at Houston Improv for 3 nights. Tickets start at $25. Times vary.
Wednesday, March 6, 2019
- Brother Oliver in Concert at Platypus Brewing | No Cover – Catch a live show from the South Carolina-based indie folk outfit Brother Oliver at Platypus Brewing. 6pm to 9pm.
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Join Axelrad for their popular Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of the best Jazz musicians in Houston. 6:30pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Luke Combs in Concert at NRG Stadium – Nashville-based country artist, Luke Combs headlines the day’s rodeo activities with a live concert performance inside NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Wiz Khalifa in Concert at House of Blues – Rapper, singer, and songwriter Wiz Khalifa performs a live show at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets range from $45 to $60. 7pm.
- Y2k Wednesday at Boondocks | No Cover – Go back to the early 2000s and dance to the hits of that era at Y2k Wednesday at Boondocks in Montrose. 9pm.
Thursday, March 7, 2019
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH | No Cover – Browse the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and enjoy a cash bar, local DJ, and grub from a local food truck. 5pm to 8pm.
- Steak and Bingo Night at Little Woodrow’s in The Heights – Join Little Woodrow’s in The Heights for a few rounds of bingo, drink specials and a steak provided by Southern Standard. $18 for the steak dinner and bingo. 6pm.
- First Thursday at Mid Main Houston – Mid Main Houston hosts their First Thursday series with live music from The Rubilators, DJ Tempty, Edgar Bige Salazar, and Beetle, along with drinks, food trucks and more. This event will benefit the Houston Parks Board. $5 suggested donation. 6pm to 10pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Tim McGraw in Concert at NRG Stadium – Legendary, award-winning country music star, Tim McGraw headlines the evening’s rodeo festivities inside NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Lukas Graham in Concert at House of Blues – Danish pop and soul band, Lukas Graham, performs a show at House of Blues in Downtown. Ocean Park Standoff opens the show. Tickets range from $30.10 to $45.00. 7pm.
- Bingo Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Try your luck for a chance to win prizes at Under the Radar Brewery’s Bingo Night in their beer garden. Free to play. 7pm.
- Skellism at Stereo Live Houston – Enjoy a set from the LA-based EDM duo, Skellism at the Stereo Live nightclub. Free with RSVP; $5 for express entry.
Friday, March 8, 2019
- Deafheaven and Baroness in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The post-metal band, Deafheaven, and heavy metal band, Baroness co-headline at White Oak Music Hall. Zeal & Ardor open the show. Tickets start at $29.50. 6:30pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Zedd in Concert at NRG Stadium – Grammy-winning Russian-German DJ and producer Zedd headlines the evening’s rodeo events, presenting a live performance inside NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Led Zeppelin 2 in Concert at House of Blues – Experience a tribute to the ’70s rock band, Led Zeppelin with a performance from Led Zeppelin 2 at House of Blues Downtown. Tickets range from $15 to $39.50. 7pm.
- She’s Real Gone: 3rd Annual Women’s Art Showcase at Insomnia Gallery – Falling on International Women’s Day, She’s Real Gone is one day showcase that will feature original works by thirteen of Houston’s talented women artists at Insomnia Gallery. $5 cover charge. 7pm to 11pm.
- Going $outh: A Queer HTX SXSW Party and Concert at Pearl Bar Houston – Pearl Bar hosts Going $outh: A SXSW Kick-Off Party featuring live music from Dorian Electra and Umru and many more artists. This event is 21 and up. Tickets are $10. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie, and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Flashback Fridays at Henke & Pillot in Downtown – Head to Henke & Pillot for a laid-back dance night each Friday as the dynamic duo, DJ Stashwell & DJ FlipHop, provide all the hits from the past and present. No cover. 10pm.
Saturday, March 9, 2019
- 10th Annual H-Town Chili Throwdown at Onion Creek – Onion Creek Coffee House, Bar, and Lounge in The Heights host their 10th Annual Chili Throwdown featuring chili from local restaurants, distilleries, and breweries. Tickets are $25. Noon to 5pm.
- Barrel Fest 2019 at B-52 Brewing – B-52 Brewing in Conroe hosts their 3rd annual Barrel Fest, a one day only event where you’ll have access to some of their most limited selection of beers. Tickets range from $15 to $45. Noon to 7pm.
- 22nd Annual Irish Cook-off and Music Festival at Griff’s | No Cover – Pregame for Saint Patty’s Day at the annual Irish Cook-off and Musical Festival at Griff’s, where cook-off teams compete in categories for Irish Stew, Chili, Chicken, Desserts, and an Open Dish alongside the great music of Snit’s Dog and Pony Show and Spin City. Noon to 7pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Kane Brown in Concert at NRG Stadium – Tennessee native and country artist, Kane Brown headlines the night’s rodeo event with a live concert inside NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 3:45pm.
- 28th Annual Mariachi Invitational at Arena Theatre Houston – The Houston Livestock and Rodeo presents the 28th Annual Mariachi Invitational concert at Arena Theatre Houston. Tickets range from $35 to $45. 7pm.
- Speakeasy featuring House of Kenzo at Lawndale Art Center – The Lawndale Art Center hosts a Speakeasy event with the art and DJ collective, House of Kenzo. Cover is a suggested donation of $20. 8pm.
- Kayzo in Concert at Revention Music Center – Experience at set by the young DJ and producer, Kayzo, for his Kayzo Doghouse Takeover Tour at Revention Music Center. Tickets are $25. 8pm.
- Kurt Vile and the Violators in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch a live performance from the indie singer-songwriter Kurt Vile and the Violators at White Oak Music Hall. The Sadies open the show. Tickets are $25 in advance; $28 the day of the show. 8pm.
- Andrew Rayel at Stereo Live Houston – DJ and producer, Andrew Rayel spins live at the Stereo Live Houston nightclub. Tickets range from $5 to $10. 10pm.
Sunday, March 10, 2019
- Recovery Sundays in the Garden at Wicklow Heights | No Cover – Wind down from the weekend with drink specials, music from a live DJ, and rotating food trucks when Wicklow Heights hosts Recovery Sundays on its backyard patio. 2pm.
- Galantis at Clé Houston – Midtown’s Clé Houston bar and lounge begin their Summer Sessions with music from Galantis and Liquid Todd. Tickets are $15. 2pm to 8pm.
- Mardi Gras Day Party at Belvedere Uptown Park | No Cover – Throw on your leftover Mardi Gras beads and celebrate at Belvedere Uptown Park with music by DJ Sean “Panda” Royal and Louisiana style cuisine by Chef Kesha B. 3pm to 8pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Los Tigeres del Norte in Concert at NRG Stadium – Mexican-American norteña band, Los Tigeres del Norte headlines the Go Tejano Day edition of the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 3:45pm.
- Sunday Funday Sessions at The Flat | No Cover – The Flat hosts their Sunday Sessions with sounds by DJ SMNS and an all-day happy hour that features $4 Frozé’s (frozen rosé). 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).