Make the most of your month with our list of 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during March 2019.
Also in March 2019
Happening This Week
With St. Patrick’s Day, the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo, warmer weather, and NBA season in full swing, this month has plenty of fun activities to keep you entertained.
Stop and smell the azaleas at the annual Azalea Trail in River Oaks, bring the family to fly kites at one of Hermann Park’s biggest festivals of the year, see a country music icon perform live at the rodeo, watch the Houston Rockets take on the reigning champs at Toyota Center and more.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of March.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston This Month: March 2019
- The 84th Azalea Trail in River Oaks | Friday, March 1 to Sunday, March 3 – Walk through a trail of pristine gardens full of blooming azaleas at seven River Oaks locations. Throughout the tour, you’ll learn about architecture, flower arranging, and horticulture specific to our region. Tickets start at $10. Times vary.
- Becoming: An Intimate Conversation with Michelle Obama at Toyota Center | Saturday, March 2 – The former First Lady of the United States of America brings her celebrated tour to Houston for an intimate and honest conversation about her best-selling book, Becoming, at the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- Anastasia at the Hobby Center for the Performing Arts | Tuesday, March 5 through Sunday, March 10 – Enjoy a moving performance of the children’s classic, Anastasia, when the story is brought to life at Hobby Center for the Performing Arts. Filled with music and adventure, the story follows a young woman in 1920s Russia as she uncovers the mystery of her past. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- 47th Annual Buffalo Bayou Partnership Regatta at Allen’s Landing | Saturday, March 9 – Race down 15 miles of the scenic Buffalo Bayou via kayak or canoe in the 46th annual Buffalo Bayou Regatta. Then, celebrate at the finish line with live zydeco music and food and drinks available for purchase. $50. 7am to 2pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 13 – Root for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the six-time championship-winners, the Golden State Warriors, at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $79, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5pm.
- 60th Annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade At Market Square Park | Saturday, March 16 | FREE – Wear green and cheer loud as marching bands, decorative floats, and various performers parade through the streets of Downtown in the sixtieth annual St. Patrick’s Day Parade, which kicks off at Sesquicentennial Park, and ends with a celebratory party and concert at Market Square Park. Noon to 1:30pm.
- George Strait, with Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen at Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo at NRG Stadium | Sunday, March 17 – Legendary country artist George Strait returns to the Houston rodeo for a live, concert-only performance to close out the three-week event. He’ll be joined by fellow country western stars Lyle Lovett and Robert Earl Keen. Tickets for this concert are sold out, but you may still be able to find hard-to-get tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- Tour de Houston at Hermann Square at City Hall | Sunday, March 17 – Hop on a bike and cruise through a 20-, 40-, or 60-mile route around the Bayou City in the annual Tour de Houston ride, which raises funds for the city’s reforestation efforts. Registration is $40 for riders 13 and older until March 17; $20 for kids 12 and under. 6am.
- Pink in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, March 19 – Raise your glass to the powerful voice of Pink when she brings her talents to Houston’s Toyota Center on the “Beautiful Trauma” world tour. Tickets start at $47.45, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7:30pm.
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo at NRG Park | Through Sunday, March 17 – Dust off your cowboy boots for 21 days of carnival games, mouth-watering fried foods, rodeo competitions, and a lineup of chart-topping musical acts at the annual Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Rodeo grounds passes for entry into NRG Park start at $15; $5 for kids. Tickets for rodeo competitions and concerts inside NRG Stadium start around $20 for most shows and include entry into NRG Park. You may also find sold out, cheaper, or better seats on the ticket resale marketplace. Times vary.
- Sixth Annual Hermann Park Conservancy Kite Festival | Sunday, March 24 | FREE – Fly a kite alongside thousands of Houstonians at Hermann Park’s Fifth Annual Kite Festival. Take a break from kiting to enjoy music and entertainment, interactive activities, and crafting in the H-E-B Kids’ Zone, face painting, and food trucks. 10am to 5pm.
- United States Men’s National Team vs. Chile at BBVA Compass Stadium | Tuesday, March 26 – Head out to BBVA Compass Stadium and cheer on the U.S. Men’s National Team when they take the field to play against Chile. Tickets range from $38 to $295, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork resale market.
- CultureMap Houston Tastemaker Awards 2019 at Silver Street Studios | Wednesday, March 27 – Suit up for a swanky award show and food tasting as Houston’s top restaurants, chefs, and bartenders are recognized for their talents at CultureMap’s Tastemaker Awards. Tickets start at $50 in advance; $60 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- The Beach Boys in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, March 30 – Listen to the legendary harmonies of The Beach Boys at their live show in Smart Financial Centre. Expect to hear chart-topping classics like “Surfin’ USA,” “Fun, Fun, Fun,” and “Barbara Ann” throughout the show. Tickets start at $47.45, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7:30pm.
- Tomball German Heritage Festival in Old Town Tomball | Friday, March 29 to Sunday, March 31 | No Cover – Eat, drink, and celebrate all things German at the German Heritage Festival in Old Town Tomball. Beer, wine, and plenty of food will be available for purchase, along with a petting zoo, live music, and more than 200 vendors. Times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).