Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Just 28 miles north of Downtown, The Woodlands were originally planned as a suburban development for commuters working in the big city. But with the introduction of major corporations, parks and town centers, its own River Walk, and plenty of dining and retail shopping, it’s a hot destination on its own. Oh, and did we mention the bar scene? Pop into these Woodlands watering holes for a drink or two.
The Best Bars in The Woodlands
- Blend Bar – Flush with wood, leathers and exotic fabrics, it’s all class at this sophisticated cigar and bourbon bar. Linger over cigars and cigarillos from Davidoff and other prestigious brands, all selected from the walk-in humidor; and make the night even more leisurely by tacking on bourbon, rye, scotch, wines, and bubbles alongside cheeseboards and Italian charcuterie platters. Click here for directions.
- Crush Wine Lounge – The rooftop deck at this Waterway wine lounge is always rocking. Make your way through a treasure trove of boutique wines, spirits, and beers; enjoy the cigar menu; or share eats from strawberry-goat cheese bruschetta to street tacos and flatbread pizzas. Special nights include Rhumba on the Rooftop, DJ-fueled Forbidden Fridays, and Sky Saturdays on the rooftop. Click here for directions.
- Local Pour – Unwind with a local beer, glass of wine, or craft cocktail (from the gin and honeysuckle Texan 75 to a sour and citrusy frozen marg) at this neighborhood hotspot. And while you’re at it, add on bites like bang bang shrimp, panko cheese curds, 44 Farms burgers, and homemade cobbler. The place is also popular with the after-work crowd thanks to daily happy hour specials. Click here for directions.
- The Refuge Bar & Bistro – Lined with Einstein bulb steel chandeliers and old-fashioned, deep mahogany furniture, this handsome tavern and bistro offers stiff classic laced with house bitters and posh liqueurs alongside a lineup of microbrews, boutique wines, Old World bottles, and high-class spirits. Sip drinks like the rosemary and sugar-dipped Rosemary Lemon Drop, maple and walnut-kissed Walnut Fashion, and ginger, cucumber, and cardamom-laced Summer Redemption Road Call. Click here for directions.
- Ronny G’s – The beers are cold (29 degrees) and the wings are hot at this local sports bar, which boasts a roster of scotch and brews, cheap, tasty eats, $5 daiquiris, and screens for Game Day. Look out for weekly events, from free pool and $5 wing baskets on Monday to Tuesday Trivia. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in The Woodlands
Sip vino at GenuWine Tasting Room, Cellar Twenty Four and Cru Food & Wine Bar; get a waterfront view and a pint at The Goose’s Acre; dance the night away at Cielo Latin Bar; share small plates over sangria at Broken Barrel; smash brews and pub grub at Baker Street Pub & Grill and Bar Louie; and check out the new Como Social Club, featuring handcrafted cocktails and a poolside bar and terrace at The Westin at The Woodlands.