Hoist your fanatic flag high at these exciting games and sports events around Houston in March 2019.
Also in March 2019
Happening This Week
From cyclists to bicycle kicks, March finds many high-profile events coming to Houston from across the spectrum of the sporting world.
With the Dynamo starting a new season, the Rockets wrapping up theirs, and an International soccer match, you’ll find plenty of opportunities to get out and enjoy action around town.
Top 10 Games & Sports Events This Month: March 2019
- Houston Dynamo vs. Real Salt Lake at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 2 – The Dynamo kick off a fresh MLS season, reinforced by new signings and with an eye on a return to playoff success. New signings Maynor Figueroa, Kiki Struna, and Matías Vera are ones to watch, along with returning strikers Mauro Manotas and Alberth Elis. Tickets range from $24 to $49, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Philadelphia 76ers at Toyota Center | Friday, March 8 – A reinvigorated Philly team, anchored by Ben Simmons, Joel Embiid, and Jimmy Butler, face the newly healthy Rockets on the way to looming playoff runs. Tickets range from $38 to over $500, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors at Toyota Center | Wednesday, March 13 – The final matchup of the regular season between these teams promises to be a thrilling addition to what’s become a highly competitive rivalry in recent seasons, studded with some of basketball’s greatest players ever. Tickets range from $72 to over $500 and are expected to sell out, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8:30pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. Vancouver Whitecaps FC at BBVA Compass Stadium | Saturday, March 16 – After missing last season’s playoffs, both teams will be looking to get their seasons off on the right foot at this weekend afternoon match in Week 3. Tickets range from $24 to over $50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale marketplace. 2pm.
- Tour de Houston at Hermann Square at City Hall | Sunday, March 17 – The annual bike ride sends cyclists down one of three routes in 20-, 40-, and 60-mile lengths, offering new views of Houston on two wheels. This fundraising ride for the city’s reforestation efforts is perfect for casual and enthusiast riders alike. Helmets are required. Registration is $40 for riders 13 and older until March 17; $20 for kids 12 and under. Check-in starts at 6am, with the first riding event at 7:30am.
- Houston Sabercats vs. Utah Warriors at Constellation Field | Thursday, March 21 – The Sabercats rugby team scrums for one last time at Constellation Field in Sugar Land before their brand new Aveva Stadium opens in April. Tickets range from $10 to $95. 7pm.
- Houston Astros vs. Pittsburgh Pirates: Spring Training at Minute Maid Park | Monday, March 25 – The Astros open a home slate of Spring Training games with Pittsburgh as a final tune-up before the start of regular season baseball later in the week. Tickets start as low as $10, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:10pm.
- United States Men’s National Team vs. Chile at BBVA Compass Stadium | Tuesday, March 26 – With World Cup qualifying on the horizon, a youthful USA team led by Christian Pulisic faces a Chile squad that is preparing for their summer continental tournament in Brazil. Tickets range from $38 to $295, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Denver Nuggets at Toyota Center | Thursday, March 28 – A clash of top Western Conference teams, the Rockets face the surprising Nuggets, led by Nikola Jokic, as Harden looks to lock up back-to-back MVP runs. Tickets range from $17 to over $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Monster Energy AMA Supercross at NRG Stadium | Saturday, March 30 – The rip-roaring, mud-slinging dirtbikes of AMA Supercross arrive at NRG Stadium for another FIM World Championship event. Tickets start at $30, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).