Direct, brash, honest, and known for her uncanny knack for taking serious topics and blending them with humor, comedian Amanda Seales is bringing her crowd-pleasing comedy show to H-Town from Friday, March 1 through Sunday, March 3, 2019.
Tackling subjects like sexism, racism, rape culture, police brutality, and more, the comedian’s humor helps makes these topics relatable, approachable, and challenging.
The comedian, actress, writer, and producer combines intellectual wit, exuberant silliness, and a pop culture obsession to create her unique style of smart funny content for the stage and screens.
The former MTV VJ with a master’s in African American studies from Columbia University has starred in her own HBO comedy special I Be Knowin’, appears as a series regular as Tiffany on HBO’s Insecure, has guest starred on Blackish, has performed stand up on Late Night with Seth Meyers, opened for Chris Rock, created and hosts LA’s hit comedy game show Smart Funny & Black at The Roxy, speaks truth to change on her weekly podcast,
Comedian Amanda Seales at the Houston Improv
- Date: Friday, March 1 through Sunday, March 3, 2019
- Time: Times vary by date. Click here for show listings.
- Location: The Houston Improv, MarqE Entertainment Center, 7620 Katy Freeway, #455, Houston, TX 77024
- Parking: Free lot parking is available in the MarqE center
- Admission: Tickets range from $25 to $35. Click here to order tickets or call 713-333-8800.
This story was sponsored by The Houston Improv. Per our sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from businesses that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, resource, or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.