Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, February 25 to Sunday, March 3, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2019
Jam out to one of several must-see concerts, featuring headliners like Kacey Musgraves, Mariah Carey, and Cardi B; cheer on the Rockets when they go head-to-head with the Miami Heat; hear the former First Lady discuss her best-selling book; round up a team for a heated, Mardi Gras-themed dodgeball tournament; experience familial drama during a Tony-award winning performance and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo 2019 at NRG Park | Daily – Dust off your boots and head to NRG for the Rodeo, complete with carnival rides, rodeo competitions, and fried food, as well as nightly concerts from acts like Luke Bryan, Cardi B, Turnpike Troubadours, and Panic! at the Disco. Rodeo grounds passes for entry into NRG Park start at $15; $5 for kids. Tickets for rodeo competitions and concerts inside NRG Stadium start around $20 for most shows and include entry into NRG Park. You may also find sold out, cheaper, or better seats on the ticket resale marketplace. 8am to 9pm daily.
- Houston Rodeo: Kacey Musgraves in Concert at NRG Stadium | Monday, February 25 – Snag tickets to see a concert by the recent Grammy Award winner of best album, country album, country song, and country solo performance, Kacey Musgraves, when she headlines the Monday night show at the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo. Tickets start at $20, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:45pm.
- Dorothy in Concert at House of Blues | Tuesday, February 26 – Jam out to a live show by the rock group, Dorothy, when they perform in the Bronze Peacock Room at House of Blues in Downtown. Arrive early to catch the opening act, Spirit Animal. Tickets are $25, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Dynamo vs. CD Guastatoya at BBVA Compass Stadium | Tuesday, February 26 – Get loud for the Dynamo as they play against the CD Guastatoya at BBVA Compass Stadium. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heat at Toyota Center | Thursday, February 28 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Heat at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $27, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Cardi B in Concert at NRG Stadium | Friday, March 1 – Bust out your money moves when “Bodak Yellow” rapper Cardi B headlines Black Heritage Day at the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Tickets start at $18, but you may be able to find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm to 9pm.
- Mariah Carey in Concert at Smart Financial Centre | Friday, March 1 – Sing along to a selection of songs performed live by the ultimate diva and multi-Grammy Award-winner, Mariah Carey, during her “Caution World Tour” at Smart Financial Centre. Tickets start at $64.95, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- The 108th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Starts Friday, March 1 – Throw beads at the largest Mardi Gras celebration in Texas with elaborate parades, concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, a 5K run, family events, and lots of eating and drinking. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Amy Schumer at Revention Music Center (Canceled) | Friday, March 1 – Laugh it up at a comedy show by actress and stand-up star Amy Schumer when she brings her tour to Houston’s Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $58.25, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm. Schumer has canceled all remaining shows on her tour due to pregnancy complications.
- The Humans at Alley Theatre | Friday, March 1 to Sunday, March 3 – Take a seat for The Humans, a Tony Award-winning production that follows a family whose tensions and secrets arise when three generations are brought together under the same roof. Tickets start at $39 and vary by date and time. Showtimes vary.
- The 84th Azalea Trail in River Oaks | Friday, March 1 to Sunday, March 3 – Walk through a trail of pristine gardens full of blooming azaleas at seven River Oaks locations. Throughout the tour, you’ll learn about architecture, flower arranging, and horticulture specific to our region. Tickets start at $10. Times vary.
- Houston Rockets 7th Annual Dog Walk at Hermann Park | Saturday, March 2 – Leash your pup and trek over to Hermann Park for the Houston Rockets’ annual dog walk, which takes participants through a one-mile course around McGovern Lake and the Jones Reflection Pool, or an extended 2.75-mile route for more adventurous duos. Tickets include a T-shirt, an accessory for your dog, and a ticket to one of three select Rockets games. $40. 8am.
- Gleaux in the Dark Dodgeball Tournament at The Woodlands Township Event Center | Saturday, March 2 – Gather a team and prepare to dodge, duck, dip, and dive during the Mardi Gras-themed Gleaux in the Dark Dodgeball Tournament in The Woodlands Township Event Center. Registration guarantees three games, along with Bud Light drink specials and the chance to win fun prizes. $175 per team. 2pm to 8pm.
- Mardi Gras Ball at Saint Arnold Brewery | Saturday, March 2 – Chow down on loads of spicy Cajun fare while getting in the Mardi Gras spirit with a Bayou City Brass Band and plenty of craft beer at Saint Arnold’s Mardi Gras Ball. The menu includes favorites like shrimp and andouille jambalaya, gumbo, red beans and rice, and king cake. $50. 6pm to 9pm.
- Becoming: An Intimate Conversation with Michelle Obama at Toyota Center | Saturday, March 2 – The former First Lady of the United States of America brings her celebrated tour to Houston for an intimate and honest conversation about her best-selling book, Becoming, at the Toyota Center. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).