Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, February 27 to Sunday, March 3, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- The 108th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Daily – Over 3 million beads will be thrown at Texas’ largest Mardi Gras celebration, with the lineup of festivities including elaborate parades, headliner performances and concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, an official 5K run, family events, and plenty of feasting. Prices and times vary.
Wednesday, February 27, 2019
- Saved By The Belle ’90s Night at Belle Station – Put on your ’90s attire and enjoy Belle Station’s ’90s night with tunes from DJ Bizonee, drink specials and more. Cover charge at the door. 4pm.
- Jazz Wednesdays at Axelrad | No Cover – Join Axelrad for their popular Jazz Wednesdays every week with a dynamic rotation of the best Jazz musicians in Houston. 6:30pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Brooks & Dunn in Concert at NRG Stadium – The Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo presents the award-winning country duo, Brooks & Dunn, in concert at NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $18, but you may be able to find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Car Seat Headrest in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The Seattle-based indie rock band, Car Seat Headrest performs live at White Oak Music Hall with openers, Naked Giants. Tickets are $23 in advance; $25 at the door. 7pm.
- The Zombies, with Liz Brasher, in Concert at The Heights Theater – Iconic British psychedelic pop legends The Zombies have returned to tour in celebration of their long-awaited Induction into The Rock & Roll Hall of Fame. They’re best known for their classic, number one song “Time of the Season”. Tickets start at $42. 8pm.
- Mixtape: Video Dance Party at Etro Lounge – Dance along to ’80s, ’90s and indie music with giant screens providing visuals and music videos at Etro Lounge. Cover charge at the door. 9:30pm.
Thursday, February 28, 2019
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH | No Cover – Browse the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and enjoy a cash bar, local DJ, and grub from a local food truck. 5pm to 8pm.
- Stephen Marley in Concert at House of Blues – Jamaican-American singer and son of Bob Marley, Stephen Marley plays an acoustic set at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets range from $28.50 to $50.50. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Game of Thrones Trivia at Great Heights Brewing Company – Gear up for the final season of the popular HBO show, Game of Thrones with a trivia night at Great Heights Brewing Company. For this trivia night, they will be focusing on season 6. Tickets are $6. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- Radney Foster in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – Catch a performance from the country singer-songwriter, Radney Foster, at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets are $38 in advance; $40 at the door. 7pm.
- Couples Therapy Comedy Retreat at Houston Improv – Hosted by Houston Improv club favorite Alan Adams, this romantic comedy show will find Adams delivering his views on relationships with quick-fire wit, stone face delivery, and sarcastically venomous punch-lines. Tickets range from $15 to $25, but you can score 2-for-1 (or BOGO, if you prefer) tickets with promocode Couples365 for a limited time. 8pm
- The Lagoons in Concert at The Continental Club – Hear The Lagoons unique blend of synth-pop, jazz, soul, and electronica when they headline at The Continental Club. Summer Heart, Brothertiger and BUHU open the show. Tickets start at $12. 8pm.
- Noname in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Watch the rapper and poet, Noname when she performs live at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $22 in advance; $25 at the door. 8pm.
Friday, March 1, 2019
- Opening Reception: Shapeshifters at CAMH | FREE – Head over to the Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston to celebrate Shapeshifters, a group exhibition featuring work by over forty Houston-area teen artists. 6:30pm to 9pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Cardi B in Concert at NRG Stadium – “Bodak Yellow” Bronx rapper, Cardi B, headlines the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo’s evening competitions at NRG Stadium on the event’s annual Black Heritage Day. Tickets start at $18, but you may be able to find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 6:45pm.
- Amy Schumer at Revention Music Center (Canceled) – Laugh it up when the actress, writer, and stand up comedian Amy Schumer performs live at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $68. 8pm. Schumer has canceled all remaining shows on her tour due to pregnancy complications.
- Mariah Carey in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – Watch the iconic pop singer, Mariah Carey perform live for her “Caution World Tour” at Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land. Tickets start at $64.95. 8pm.
- Ringo Deathstarr in Concert at Satellite Bar – Watch a set from the Austin-based psych-rock band, Ringo Deathstarr along with openers Glaze and Astragal at Satellite Bar in the East End. Tickets are $10 for presale; $13 at the door. 8pm.
- Harry Potter Party at Pearl Bar – Dress up as your favorite Harry Potter character as Pearl Bar transforms into the Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry for their Harry Potter-themed party. Cover charge at the door. 10pm.
- Kinda Super Disco: DJ Seinfeld at The Dive – Dance the night away when DJ Seinfeld visits The Dive nightclub in Midtown. Tickets range from $10 to $20. 10pm.
- ComedySportz presents Improv! The Musical at CSz Arena – In Improv! The Musical, members of ComedySportz Houston take the stage and come up with the storyline, soundtrack, and choreography of a musical right before your eyes. The audience supplies them with a topic, and they take it from there at this monthly first Friday improv performance. Tickets are $16, but limited discounted $10 tickets are available. 10:30pm.
Saturday, March 2, 2019
- Gleaux in the Dark Dodgeball Tournament at The Woodlands Township Event Center – Dodge, duck, dip, and dive at the Gleaux in the Dark Dodgeball Tournament at The Woodlands Township Event Center. Get a team together and enjoy pool play with 3 games guaranteed, Bud Light drink specials, and awesome prizes for 1st, 2nd and last place and best dressed team. $175 per team. 2pm to 8pm.
- 3rd Annual Mardi Gras Pub Crawl in Downtown – Put on your beads and make your way to Downtown for the 3rd Annual Mardi Gras Pub Crawl. Tickets start at $3.46 for early bird online tickets. 3pm to 9pm.
- Saint Arnold Mardi Gras Ball 2019 – Head to Saint Arnold Brewing Company for an evening of Mardi Gras fun, entertainment by the Bayou City Brass Band, beer, and a buffet. Tickets are $50 per person. 6pm to 9pm.
- Trampled by Turtles in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The Bluegrass/folk-rock band from Duluth, Minnesota, Trampled by Turtles with support from The Ghost of Paul Revere at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $27.50. 7pm.
- Whose Live Anyway? Live at Revention Music Center – The current cast members of the Emmy-nominated TV show Whose Line Is It Anyway? present their new improv tour, Whose Live Anyway? at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $32. 7:30pm.
- Becoming: An Intimate Conversation with Michelle Obama at Toyota Center – Michelle Obama’s live U.S. book tour is in support of her best-selling memoir, Becoming. The event will feature intimate and honest conversations between Mrs. Obama and a selection of to-be-announced moderators at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $29.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online network. 8pm.
Sunday, March 3, 2019
- H-Town Fest at Humble Civic Arena – The H-Town music festival held at Humble Civic Arena will feature music from Tyga, Rick Ro$$, Bun B and many more. Tickets range from $35 to $250. Noon to 10pm.
- The Catastrophic Theatre’s Sunday Funday Brunch Fundraiser at AvantGarden – Known for upending social norms and turning expectations on their ears, The Catastrophic Theatre continues its “anti gala” stance by hosting a Sunday Funday Brunch for its major spring fundraiser. $100 per ticket. 1pm to 5pm.
- Love Thy Neighborhood Block Party at 8th Wonder Brewery – The Love Thy Neighborhood Block Party will feature Jameson cocktail samples, craft beer, food, and live music from Robert Ellis at 8th Wonder Brewery. All proceeds from ticket sales benefit Keep America Beautiful. Tickets range from $30 to $45. 3pm to 7pm.
- Houston Rodeo: Panic! at the Disco in Concert at NRG Stadium – The award-winning alternative rock band, Panic! at the Disco headlines the day’s rodeo activities with a live concert performance at NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $20, but you may be able to find cheaper, better, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 3:45pm.
- DJ Josh Butler at Stereo Live Houston – The house and techno DJ from Manchester, Josh Butler spins at the Stereo Live Houston nightclub. Tickets are $5. 6pm to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).