Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, February 18 to Sunday, February 24, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2019
Yell Bingo!, catch beads, run for a cause, learn about health and fitness, travel down the yellow brick road and more events that will entertain the little ones in your life.
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Bingo in the Biergarten at Karbach Brewing Co. | Monday, February 18 | No Cover – Yell Bingo with the family at this kid-friendly get together at Karbach Brewing. Try your luck at winning prizes as you enjoy all the family-friendly festivities Karbach has to offer. 6pm to 8pm.
- The 107th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Starting Friday, February 22 – Catch a few of the more than 3 million beads that will be thrown out at this epic Mardi Gras party. The family can enjoy the many parades, concerts, food and more all weekend long. Ticket prices for party passes, balcony tickets, and general admission vary. Times vary.
- Family Movie Night Trolls Movie Screening at Levy Park | Friday, February 22 | FREE – Put on your brightest Troll colors for a movie screening of the DreamWorks movie. The bright colors of Poppy and her Troll friends will captivate the attention of everyone as they take on the Bergens. The movie is rated PG. 6:30pm to 8:30pm
- Fitness Frenzy at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Saturday, February 23 – Start the kids on the right foot when it comes to health and fitness with a Fitness Frenzy. There will be skits, demonstrations and more as the kids learn about proper nutrition and exercise. A museum admission ticket is required. 10am to 2pm.
- 2019 Rodeo Run at Eleanor Tinsley Park | Saturday, February 23 – Run for a cause at the ConocoPhillips Rodeo Run kicking off the Houston Livestock Show and Rodeo. Multiple race options are available with a wheelchair race, 10K race, and 5K fun run/walk. Stick around with the family to enjoy the post-race celebration with a KidZone, food and more. $35 per runner; the post-race party is free to attend. 9am to 12:30pm.
- Young Writer’s Workshop at Discovery Green | Saturday, February 23 | FREE – Help the kids get ahead in their writing skills at this free workshop. Writers in the Schools and the Houston Public Library Express invite 2nd grade through 8th grade to participate in this free event. 10:30am to 11:30am.
- Jolly Jester Jaunt 5k in Galveston | Saturday, February 23 – Kick off your Mardi Gras celebration with a 5k complete with costumes, a concert and more. Runners/ Walkers will hit the road inside the Entertainment District for a memorable experience. Teenagers must register for the race; children are free. Tickets start at $36. 11am to 2pm.
- Stop, Look, and Listen! Family Concert at Menil Collection | Saturday, February 23 | FREE – Spend the afternoon with the family listening to chamber music and jazz brought to you by the Da Camera Young Artists and guests. This year’s concert celebrates the season theme, Time Future Time Past. 3pm.
- Life Time Athletic Daddy Daughter Dance at Citycentre Plaza | Saturday, February 23 – Dance the night away with your little princess. Dads and other father figures are invited to treat her to a magical evening she won’t forget complete with a photo booth, carriage rides and more. Registration in advance is required. $50 per pair for non-members; $40 per pair for members; $10 for each additional daughter; $15 for each additional adult. 6pm to 9pm.
- The Wizard of Oz National Broadway Tour at Jones Hall | Saturday, February 23 and Sunday, February 24 – Watch in awe as the colorful set and talent on stage whisks you away to the Land of Oz. Audiences young and old will delight in seeing this 1939 classic live on stage at Jones Hall complete with your favorite songs to sing along to. Tickets range from $35 to $95, but a limited number of better, premium seats are discounted to prices starting at $43.50. Showtimes vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).