Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, February 20 to Sunday, February 24, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- First Weekend of Mardi Gras! Galveston on Galveston Island | Friday, February 22 and Saturday, February 23 – Let the good times roll with balcony parties, parades, concerts, drinks, and more when the 108th Mardi Gras! Galveston takes over the island and historic downtown. Times vary.
Wednesday, February 20, 2019
- Elizabeth Cook in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – The Nashville-based singer-songwriter, Elizabeth Cook, performs at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Cook is also known for her Sirius XM radio show, Apron Strings, and her frequent guest role on Cartoon Network’s, Squidbillies. Tickets start at $25. There will be a show at 7pm and 9pm.
- Pissed Jeans in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Experience the noise of punk band, Pissed Jeans at White Oak Music Hall. Xetas and Searing Arrow open the show. Tickets are $12. 7pm.
- Donavon Frankenreiter, with John Craigie, in Concert at The Heights Theater –
Singer-songwriter, rock musician, and surfer Donavon Frankenreiter brings his heartfelt songs and material of his latest album, Heart, to The Heights Theater. Special guest John Craigie opens. This is an all ages show. Tickets range from $22 to $38. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Mixtape: Video Dance Party at Etro Lounge – Dance along to ’80s, ’90s and indie music with giant screens providing visuals and music videos at Etro Lounge. Cover charge at the door. 9:30pm.
Thursday, February 21, 2019
- Happy Hour Thursday at MFAH | No Cover – Browse the Museum of Fine Arts, Houston and enjoy a cash bar, local DJ, and grub from a local food truck. 5pm to 8pm.
- Queer(ing) the Wheel Performance at Houston Center for Contemporary Craft | FREE – HCCC presents Queer(ing) the Wheel, an original performance showcase organized by current resident artist Antonius-Tin Bui and interdisciplinary artist Tonya Huynh. This site-specific performance pays homage to the late Playhouse Theater. 6pm to 8:30pm.
- Brew for Vision at Saint Arnold Brewing – Drink craft beer, win raffle prizes, and raise funds for Prevent Blindness Texas at the third annual Brew for Vision at Saint Arnold Brewing. Tickets cost $35 presale; $40 at the door. 6:30pm.
- ReelAbilities presents ReelMusic at White Oak Music Hall | No Cover – Taking place on the event’s final day at White Oak Music Hall, live music fans can check out ReelAbilities Film Festival’s ReelMusic concert. The occasion will mark the closing of the festival with a house band comprised of some of Houston’s top professional musicians join artists living with disabilities on stage. 7pm to 9pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Zodiac with DJ Sun at Axelrad | No Cover – Jam out as DJ Sun spins nothing but vinyl every third Thursday of the month at Axelrad beer garden. 8pm.
- Luttrell at Spire Houston – The San Fransisco-based deep house and techno DJ, Luttrell, spins at Spire nightclub for his Into Clouds Tour. Tickets are $10. 10pm.
- Anything for Selenas at The Secret Group | No Cover – Dance to the hits of the Queen of Cumbia, Selena Quintanilla, when A Tribute 2 presents, the Anything for Selenas event at The Secret Group. This event is for ages 21 and over. 10pm.
Friday, February 22, 2019
- National Margarita Day at The Rustic | No Cover – Join The Rustic and the Don Julio DJ truck spinning live music on site from as they pour drinks from the largest margarita glass in town — a near five-foot tall, Giant Rocks Margarita glass full of their classic Don Julio Margarita. 5pm to 11pm.
- Watercolor Basics + Watercolor Wax Resists at Art Cellar Houston – Try your hand at watercolor painting at this BYOB workshop, which takes participants through the basics of the skill, then goes into a fresh, modern technique called watercolor wax resists. Tickets are $36. 7pm to 9pm.
- Houstonary 2019: Cyber Punk City at Harrisburg Art Museum – Experience an innovative blend of music, fashion, art, and film when Kaleidoscope Houston presents Houstonary 2019: Cyber Punk City at Harrisburg Art Museum. Now in its fourth year, the event features fashion shows, dance performances, short-film screenings, art exhibits, DJs, an exclusive lounge, a pop-up “Kaleidoshop”, musical performances and more. Tickets start at $40. 7pm.
- A Night at the Museum at Buffalo Soldiers National Museum – The Buffalo Soldiers National Museum once again opens its doors for its nineteenth annual celebration of A Night at the Museum. This year’s event offers a musical performance by 8th Sunday and is hosted by sports commentator Ralph Cooper. Tickets start at $200. 7pm to 11pm.
- Brian Scartocci in Concert at Cottonwood Houston | No Cover – Singer and contestant of the popular singing show, The Voice, Brian Scartocci performs at Cottonwood Houston. 7pm to 10pm.
- VHS Collection in Concert at House of Blues – The New York City-based alt-rock band, VHS Collection, performs in the Bronze Peacock Room at House of Blues. Tickets are $15. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Cumbia Night at Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge | No Cover – DJ Soloces brings the cumbia dance party all night long at Shoeshine Charley’s Big Top Lounge on Mid Main. 9pm.
Saturday, February 23, 2019
- National Margarita Day and Go Texan Day at Eight Row Flint – Celebrate National Margarita Day and Go Texan Day out on the patio at Eight Row Flint. They’ll offer tons of drink specials, raffle prizes, and the release of Eight Row Flint’s real ale, single-barrel whiskey. All day.
- Meek Mill in Concert at Revention Music Center – The Philadelphia rapper, Meek Mill, has firmly re-established himself with his late-2018 release, Championships, and performs at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $59, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- The Greater Houston Couples’ Ball at the JW Marriott Galleria – Slip on your ballroom attire for an enchanting evening of romance, complete with fine dining, live music, comedy, and plenty of dancing at the Greater Houston Couples’ Ball. Everyone is welcome, whether married or single, to network, mix and mingle with business owners and professionals from various industries in an atmosphere of love. Tickets are $99 for one person; $175 for a couple. 7pm to midnight.
- A Boogie Wit da Hoodie in Concert at House of Blues – Monster Energy Outbreak Tour presents rapper, A Boogie Wit Da Hoodie, at House of Blues in Downtown. Trap Manny and Don Q open the show. Tickets are $27.50. Doors at 7pm; show at 8pm.
- Spring Fling at Moody Center for the Arts at Rice University | No Cover – Celebrate The Moody Center’s Spring exhibition program with live music from Hearts of Animals, food, and drinks. 7pm to 10pm.
- Swimwear Department at Rudyard’s British Pub – Local indie band, Swimwear Department perform at Rudyard’s British Pub along with openers The Guacamole Police and Space Kiddettes. Tickets start at $5. 8pm.
- DJ/Producer Ralphi Rosario at Rich’s Houston – The Grammy-nominated DJ/Producer and remixer Ralphi Rosario spins at the LGBTQ-friendly nightclub, Rich’s Houston. Cover charge is $15. 10pm.
Sunday, February 24, 2019
- Girl Scout Cookie & Beer Pairing at The General Public – Nosh on your favorite seasonal treats paired with a selection of local brews when The General Public offers Girl Scout cookie and beer pairings for a limited time. $9.95 per person. 11am to midnight.
- Decadent Desserts & Dancing at Neon Boots Dance Hall and Saloon – Enjoy an afternoon of sweets, BBQ, photo booths, raffles, and plenty of boot-scooting at this LGBTQ-friendly event at Neon Boots Dance Hall and Saloon. The fundraiser benefits AssistHers, which provides resources and care to women in need. Tickets start at $25. 2pm.
- Sunday Funday Sessions at The Flat | No Cover – The Flat hosts their Sunday Sessions with sounds by DJ SMNS and an all-day happy hour that features $4 Frozé’s (frozen rosé). 5pm.
- When Harry Met Sally 30th Anniversary Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse – Find out if a man and a woman can really be friends when Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra screens When Harry Met Sally for its 30th Anniversary. Tickets are $10. 5:30pm.
- Cypress Hill in Concert at House of Blues – Catch a set from the Latino American hip hop group, Cypress Hill at House of Blues in Downtown. Hollywood Undead and Demrick open the show. Tickets range from $34.50 to $59.50. Doors are at 6:30pm; show at 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).