Take in one or more traditional, raucous, and family-friendly Mardi Gras events in Houston and along the beach in Galveston through Sunday, March 10, 2019.
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Also in March 2019
Throughout Galveston’s 108th Mardi Gras celebration, plenty of parades and processions will move across the island so naturally, we’ve made a list of our favorites. If you can’t make it to the island, we’ve pulled together a Mardi Gras events happening in Houston, too.
Parades inside the gated Galveston Entertainment District require admission, but several of the biggest events will be free to view along Seawall. The Entertainment District will also offer free admission on Sundays for Family Gras events and celebrations. Click here for more information on the Mardi Gras 2019 parades.
Mardi Gras 2019 Events in Houston & Galveston
- Saint Arnold Mardi Gras Pub Crawl in The Heights | Saturday, February 16 | No Cover – Bust out your purple, gold, and green beads for this Mardi Gras-themed bar crawl that takes participants through several hot spots along White Oak Drive in The Heights. Bars include Little Woodrow’s, BB’s Tex-Orleans, Bobcat Teddy’s, Public House, Christian’s Tailgate, and Onion Creek. 2pm to 6pm.
- 5th Annual Mardi Gras on Main in La Porte | Saturday, February, 16 | FREE – Make your way to the 5th Annual Mardi Gras on Main, a free, family-friendly street festival at Main Street in La Porte. Kick off the festival with the Umbrella Parade and enjoy music from the Bayou City Brass Band and Keyun and the Zydeco Master as well as stilt walkers, face painters, a New Orleans-style market, street performers, food trucks, a craft beer garden and more. 4pm to 9pm.
- The 108th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Friday, February 22 to March 5 – Over 3 million beads will be thrown at Texas’ largest Mardi Gras celebration, with the lineup of festivities including elaborate parades, headliner performances and concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, an official 5K run, family events, and plenty of feasting. Ticket prices for party passes, balcony tickets, and general admission vary. Times vary per day.
- 24th Annual Periwinkle Cycle at The Houstonian Hotel, Club & Spa | Saturday, February 23 – Let the good times roll at this Mardi Gras-themed bike-a-thon that benefits Periwinkle’s healing programs and camps for children, young adults, and families affected by cancer. Tickets start at $250. 9am.
- Mardi Gras Brunch at B&B Butchers & Restaurant | Saturday, February 23 | No Cover – Enjoy live music by Howl2GO Dueling Pianos, face painting, New Orleans-inspired brunch dishes, King Cake from Rao’s Bakery Spring, and specialty cocktails by Beam Suntory at B&B Butchers & Restaurant. 11am to 3pm.
- Mardi Gras Festival and Parade at Town Center Park | Saturday, March 2 | FREE – The family-friendly Mardi Gras Festival and Parade will include music by Keyun and the Zydeco Masters, a kids zone, craft vendors and food trucks at Town Center Park in Kingwood. Noon to 7pm.
- Kid’s Mardi Gras Masquerade at Czech Center Museum Houston | Saturday, March 2 – The Czech Center Museum Houston hosts the family-friendly 2019 Kid’s Mardi Gras Masquerade. Tickets are $5 for adults; free for kids 12 and under. 1pm to 4pm.
- 3rd Annual Mardi Gras Pub Crawl in Downtown | Saturday, March 2 – Put on your beads and make your way to Downtown for the 3rd Annual Mardi Gras Pub Crawl. Tickets start at $3.46 for early bird online tickets. 3pm to 9pm.
- Saint Arnold Mardi Gras Ball 2019 | Saturday, March 2 – Head to Saint Arnold Brewing Company for an evening of Mardi Gras fun, entertainment by the Bayou City Brass Band, beer, and a buffet. Tickets are $50 per person. 6pm to 9pm.
- Carnival: The Mardi Gras Ball at Rich’s Houston | Saturday, March 2 – Rich’s Houston brings the party from the French Quarter over to Midtown with Carnival: The Mardi Gras Ball. Costumes, carnival masks, and purple, green and gold attire are encouraged. Tickets are $10 at the door. 10pm.
- Mardi Gras Madness at Voodoo Queen Daiquiri Dive | Sunday, March 3 | No Cover – Voodoo Queen Daquiri Dive hosts a Mardi Gras event with a whole roasted pig, crawfish and crab by the pound, Cat 69 Hurricanes, and DJs playing ’90s Nola rap, Zydeco, and brass band tunes all day. Noon.
- Fat Tuesday at The Boot | Fat Tuesday, March 5 | No Cover – Celebrate Fat Tuesday with live music from Keyun & the Zydeco Masters and Curtis Poullard and the Creole Zydeco Band and drink specials all day at The Boot. Live music begins at 2:30pm.
- Mardi Craw at The Rustic | Fat Tuesday, March 5 – New Orleans comes to The Rustic for an evening of live music by The South Austin Moonlighters, a crawfish boil, jambalaya, face painting, beads, and special Swamp Thing and Hurricane frozen cocktails. This event is free with RSVP; VIP tickets are available for purchase at $40. 5pm to 11pm.
- Fat Tuesday Mardi Gras Celebration at Diablo Loco Richmond | Fat Tuesday, March 5 | No Cover – Celebrate Fat Tuesday with a kick of New Orleans tradition, drink specials, and food specials at Diablo Loco Richmond. 7pm.
- Mardi Gras Day Party at Belvedere Uptown Park | Sunday, March 10 | No Cover – Throw on your leftover Mardi Gras beads and celebrate at Belvedere Uptown Park with music by DJ Sean “Panda” Royal and Louisiana style cuisine by Chef Kesha B. 3pm to 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.