Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, February 11 to Sunday, February 17, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2019
Have a sweet week with your little Valentine in Houston with a Yoga class, a musical based on a favorite children’s series, a Big Red Dog, impressive basketball skills and more.
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Little Valentine’s Yoga at Stomping Grounds Play Cafe | Tuesday, February 12 – Get zen with your littlest buddy in tow at a Mommy and Me Yoga class. Stick around for a morning of play on their indoor playground. Bring one non-slip mat. Tickets are $14.99 per adult and one child, playground admission included. Additional Children are $8.99. 9:30am to 10:05am.
- Serious Fun: The Magic School Bus – Lost in Solar System at The Grand 1894 in Galveston | Valentine’s Day, Thursday, February 14 – Witness Ms. Frizzle and her Magic School Bus come to life before your very eyes. Watch in wide-eyed wonder as this musical adaptation based on the original book series takes the stage at The Grand 1894. Recommended for ages Kindergarten to 5th grade. Tickets start at $6. 10am.
- Big Red Valentine’s Party at The Woodlands Children’s Museum | Valentine’s Day, Thursday, February 14 to Saturday, February 16 – Don your brightest red and enjoy a surprise visit from everyone’s favorite Big Red Dog, Clifford at The Woodlands Children’s Museum. Kids will play Big Red Bingo and make a special art project that will be delivered to local hospitals. Ages 1 and up. Tickets are $7. The museum is open from 10am to 5pm. Times vary.
- Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center | Friday, February 15 to Sunday, February 17 – Bounce over to Fertitta Center to catch the Harlem Globetrotters and their skill and theatrics filled show. The exhibition basketball group combines mind-boggling tricks with comedy to keep the entire arena entertained. All ages. Tickets start at $20. Times vary.
- 34th Annual Law Week 8K Fun Run at Sam Houston Park in Downtown | Saturday, February 16 – The Houston Bar Association and Harris County Constable Precinct 1 Constable Alan Rosen present the 34th annual John J. Eikenburg Law Week 8K Fun Run in Downtown. Entry fees start at $18 for the 1-mile walk; $35 for the 8K, and $250 for group entries. 7:30am to 8:30am.
- Teen Craft at HPL Express in Discovery Green | Saturday, February 16 | No Cover – Craft away with other teens to an Alma Thomas painting inspired activity at HPL Express. This event is geared towards tweens and teens ages 9 to 18. 11:30am to 12:30pm.
- 54th Annual Go Texan Parade in Conroe | Saturday, February 16 | FREE – Bring your family to Conroe for a boot-scootin’ afternoon. Line the streets of Downtown Conroe as you cheer on the floats, horseback riders, wagons, bands and more. 1pm.
- 5th Annual Mardi Gras on Main in La Porte | Saturday, February 16| FREE – Line the streets of La Porte for a family-friendly street parade complete with Zydeco music. Children will enjoy stilt walkers, face painters, street performers and more. All ages are welcome. 4pm to 9pm.
- Grand Opening of Kidtastic Park Indoor Playground in Cypress | Sunday, February 17 – Have a fantastic time at the Grand Opening of Cypress’ newest indoor playground. Toddlers will have a blast in their specially designed area while bigger kids can twist and turn down their many slides. There will be local bakers, character appearances, tons of giveaways and more. Ages 0 to 12. Tickets are $12.99 per child; $11.99 per sibling. 1pm to 6pm.
- WWE Elimination Chamber at Toyota Center | Sunday, February 17 – Get ready to rumble with some of the best in the wrestling business like Ronda Rousey, Becky Lynch, Seth Rollins, Daniel Bryan and others. Two opponents will start out in the ring as the rest anxiously await their turn for the next 5-minute interval. This event will be filmed live for pay-per-view here from Houston for the first time. Tickets start at $25. 5:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).