Check out these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, February 11 through Sunday, February 17, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2019
This week, catch some basketball legends, make a run for the beach, or take flight from the top rope at these events around Houston.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks at Toyota Center | Monday, February 11 – For perhaps the final time in his twenty-year career, Dirk Nowitzki plays his last game in Houston, alongside the rookie phenom, Luka Doncic. Tickets for this game will be in high demand and range from $18 to over $500, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center | Friday, February 15 through Sunday, February 17 – The basketball wizards known as the Globetrotters visit the University of Houston campus for a weekend featuring one-of-a-kind hooping entertainment. Tickets range from $20 to over $100, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork resale market. Times vary.
- Houston Cougars vs. East Carolina Pirates Women’s Basketball at Fertitta Center | Saturday, February 16 – One of the last remaining home games for the Cougars, their matchup with East Carolina University is also a celebration of Girls & Women in Sport Day, including a free pre-game basketball clinic for children in 8th grade and younger. Tickets range from $5 to $250. Clinic begins at 10:30am; tip-off at Noon.
- Galveston Marathon & Half-Marathon at Stewart Beach | Sunday, February 17 – Run to the sound of crashing waves as the Galveston Marathon & Half-Marathon sends the fleet of feet from Stewart Beach, down Seawall Boulevard, and back again. Kiddos also have a chance to burn off some energy at the Marathon Kids Mile event. Registration is $35 for 5K; $95 for Half-Marathon; $115 for Marathon. Packet pickup begins at 6am, with the first event at 7:15am.
- WWE Elimination Chamber at Toyota Center | Sunday, February 17 – World Wrestling Champion Daniel Bryan, Ronda Rousey, Becky Lynch and more arrive in Houston for a pay-per-view event with a unique twist. Wrestlers enter a crowded ring in five-minute intervals, crowning a winner when only one remains in the ring. Tickets range from $25 to $500, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 5:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).