Drop the schmaltz this Valentine’s Day and take your friends or just yourself to one of these spirited Anti-Valentine’s Day parties around Houston on Valentine’s Day, Thursday, February 14, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in February 2019
Whether you’re single, counter-cultural, or just not in the mood, there are plenty of events around Houston on Valentine’s night to celebrate your singledom or just have a good time with your friends – singles and couples alike.
We can assure you that there will still be people gathering to mix and mingle in Midtown, Montrose, and Rice Village, as well as along Main Street, Washington Avenue, and White Oak. But if you really want to revel in sticking it to the whole notion of Valentine’s Day, these Houston events are here to help.
Anti-Valentine’s Day 2019 Events Around Houston
Valentine’s Day, Thursday, February 14, 2019
- Valentine’s Singles’ Mingle at Serenity Studios – Mix and mingle with other singles this Valentine’s Day while enjoying hors-d’oeuvres, music, wine, and cocktails at Serenity Studios. Tickets are $50. 5pm to 8pm.
- Anti-Valentine’s Day Party at Little Woodrow’s Shepherd | No Cover – Little Woodrow’s on Shepherd in the Heights celebrates Single Awareness Day with an Anti-Valentine’s Day Party featuring drink specials and $16 steak dinners. 5pm.
- Valentine’s Day Singles Mixer at Bar Boheme – Meet H-town’s most eligible bachelors and bachelorettes at Bar Boheme’s swanky Valentine’s Day Singles Mixer. Tickets are $40 per person. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Anti-Valentine’s Day Party at B.B. Lemon – Forget the heart-shaped boxes of chocolates & flowers and head to B.B. Lemon for their festive, Anti-Valentine’s Day Party. Celebrate the single life with all black attire, tunes from DJ Johnny J, and “anti-love” drink and food specials. 6pm.
- Singles Awareness Day at The Rustic – If you’re flying solo for Valentine’s Day, celebrate being single at The Rustic’s Single Awareness Day event featuring Jim Beam bourbon drinks, speed dating games, and live music. Cover charge at the door. 6pm to 10pm.
- Valentine’s Day Singles Mixer at The Gite Gallery – Make your way to The Gite Gallery for a relaxed, and engaging Valentine’s Day singles mixer. Mingle with mature, professional, single men and women while enjoying food, drinks, giveaways, and fun activities. Tickets are $10, but limited discounted $5 tickets are available. 7pm to 10pm.
- 7th Annual Valentine’s Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show at Warehouse Live – The 7th Annual Valentine’s Day Battle of the Sexes Comedy Show comes to Warehouse Live in EaDo. Hosted by Rich Williams, seen on the FOX talk show The Real, the showcase will feature Andy Huggins (seen on NBC’s America’s Got Talent), Kristin Lindner (Nickelodeon’s NickMom Nite Out), and Sheng Wang (HBO’S Two Dope Queens, Fresh Off the Boat). Netra Babin, Marcus Bowers, and Dusti Rhodes will also perform. Tickets start at $20, but limited, discounted tickets start at $15. 7pm and 9pm.
- Galentine’s Day at 3rd Floor | No Cover – Have a ladies night with your best girlfriends when 3rd Floor in Midtown hosts a Galentine’s Day event. There will be half off bottle of wine and bubbles all evening. 8pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).